Is there a decent PS1 emulator to play FF7 on wii?

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to test FF7 on my goldstar set and if there's an emulator for ps1 games for the wii, it would be the most convenient way to test it out for me. Out of all the emulators currently around which one has the highest compatibility with FF7?

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because WiiStation is more updated.
Also, WiiSXRX Beta 4.0 is just a preview and not a final version.
I checked the compatibility list and it says it works, so I'll try it out later. One thing though, how do I link discs together? You know, when it says put in disc 2, how does that work? Because this is an emulator and not a real console I can't put in the disc. Does it tell disc 1 that disc 2 is in if I have both of them on my sd card?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I checked the compatibility list and it says it works, so I'll try it out later. One thing though, how do I link discs together? You know, when it says put in disc 2, how does that work? Because this is an emulator and not a real console I can't put in the disc. Does it tell disc 1 that disc 2 is in if I have both of them on my sd card?
You can have the ISOs of all the discs of FF7 on your SD card and when the game asks for change (swap) disc, there's an option on WiiStation for swap CD (with the ISO of the Disc 2).
When the game asks for swap disc, return to the menu, click in "Current ISO", select "Swap CD", select the ISO of the disc you want to use, and then return to the game with "Resume Game".

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Most likely Wiisxrx 4.0 preview maybe your best chance

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

I want to test FF7 on my goldstar set and if there's an emulator for ps1 games for the wii, it would be the most convenient way to test it out for me. Out of all the emulators currently around which one has the highest compatibility with FF7?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiisx-rx-a-new-fork.570252/page-42#post-10110227

Use the latest here, for perfect speed and no issues. You can even grab the refreshed build, which will keep being updated periodically as usual, "Preview" is just a name while it gets a release on Github. I am currenyl going through Final Fantasy VII again collecting all the stuff.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, you can install the two apps on your SD card or USB device (in the "apps" folder)
They share the same folder "wiisxrx" at the root of your device (containing the bios files, isos, saves, etc), so it's easy to switch between the two for testing purposes, as they load things from the same location.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?