GCN is there a converter like wii backup manager?

domjam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey all i want to shrink down the size of my gamecube iso or convert them to the smallest file type possible. I no that with wii back up manager I could convert iso's to ciso witch is alot smaller. is there a program i can do the same to gamecube isos.? thanks

Last edited by domjam,

Drud1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, they are only 1.35 gigabytes in there final form. Storage is very cheap these days, in fact, I recently got a 4tb external drive for $100.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's Gamecube ISO Tool and GCM Utility, for instance - they'll help you shrink your GC images. You can also shrink your games and compile multigame images with MultiGame ISO Creator.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
GC support was a planned feature for Wii Backup Manager, but it seems that project got abandoned.
Gamecube ISO Tool however is made by the same guy as a testbed and shows what GC support might have been like in Wii Backup Manager, it's not as user friendly as WBM but it works fine, it's the tool I used.
You have the choice of GcReEx or DiscEx format, I think GcReEx makes the smallest image as it extracts all the files, whereas DiscEx keeps the ISO file, but shrinks it. The difference is probably not huge, but GcReEx is the one I personally used. GcReEx should have faster load times as well, since the files are right there on the HDD so it takes fewer steps to access them. I don't think the compatibility is 100% for these formats, so if you find a game that doesn't work when shrunk, try the non-shrunk ISO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool mgs4 can finally play at 35fps on it