TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I screwed the name up. Yes Lego City: Undercover, and the 3DS version Lego City: The Chase Begins. I just hate it when I'm not perfect, apparently you hate it when I'm not perfect too! The country of Ohio, in the state of the United, in the world of the Americas, in the galaxy of our planet earth, in the Milky Way of the Universe, in the dimension of Earth 2, of the multiverse.
I was honestly just asking... I'm on tapatalk, and it doesn't show the user's flags, so I honestly thought you were in another country where that's what it was called.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was honestly just asking... I'm on tapatalk, and it doesn't show the user's flags, so I honestly thought you were in another country where that's what it was called.
No problem then.... Same country....... Just used to getting bitched at every time I make some kind of a statement, it has put me on the agressive, cause usually I'm a pretty nice guy. L8r.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One concern i have with the future of the Wii U is that the PS4 CPU was revealed to be of X86(assuming x86-64 as ps4 has 8gb ram) architecture. if the next Xbox uses X64 architecture, then Nintendo will be the odd one out for multi-platform game games as Games could be ported to the next Xbox and ps4 from PC with a lot less hassle,time and $$$ as they supposedly use PC like components for their consoles. but developers will need to go out of their way to port a game to the Wii U as its of PPC architecture and of presumably lower capabilities vs the other 2 consoles. especially considering ram. 2 GB, (games can only use 1GB) vs PS4 has 8GB. imagine the work it would take to take a ps4 game that uses 6 GB of ram overall and making it run on only 1.

EDIT: according to this, my assumption was correct that the ps4 is indeed x86-64
http://wololo.net/2013/02/21/sony-releases-full-ps4controller-specs-and-details-ps-eye/#more-7950

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldn't say it's in too much trouble seeing as up until this month I've always had trouble finding a console. I would go into a store and they would have one, the next day it would be gone. As for the PS4 (and if the next x-box decides to put one out with the same power), that much power is gonna come at a BIG price. Unless they sell it at a HUGE LOSS per console, it is gonna have to be at MINIMUM between $500 - $700 per base console price, and the higher deluxe consoles would easily be around a grand, just putting a high quality PC together with those specs puts you at a minimum of a $1K.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about Nintendo, this happens every time a Nintendo console releases since GC. They always dominate the handheld market and do great on consoles, they do have a better library for children but that can be fixed. These new consoles may have more ram, more cores etc. but if you put them side by side on a multconsole game you will notice no difference unless compared along side a PC as well. I plan on buying an Xbox 720 but even with all that hardware with just the same old way of playing, there is only so much that can be done. Whether the Wii U does good or not at least they took a shot at going a different direction and I'm sure soon the other consoles will follow, just like motion control.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about Nintendo, this happens every time a Nintendo console releases since GC. They always dominate the handheld market and do great on consoles, they do have a better library for children but that can be fixed. These new consoles may have more ram, more cores etc. but if you put them side by side on a multconsole game you will notice no difference unless compared along side a PC as well. I plan on buying an Xbox 720 but even with all that hardware with just the same old way of playing, there is only so much that can be done. Whether the Wii U does good or not at least they took a shot at going a different direction and I'm sure soon the other consoles will follow, just like motion control.
Yeah, the NES was also directed to children and FAMILY COMPUTER was directed to families, not gamers, that's how nintendo gets a lot of sales.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst thing that Nintendo did, is to include Mass Effect 3 in their gaming library without including the other two.

Fixed that for ya. It was a good port, but the absence of the other two was baffling, considering when one of them is owned by Microsoft (or at least was published by them).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1