Is the Darksiders franchise going to Platinum Games!?

B.alpha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since I'm not fluent enough in english I will leave it as it, I think that may interest the one or the other

Platinum Games boss expresses interest in buying Darksiders on Twitter

The executive director and producer of Platinum Games, Atsushi Inaba, tweeted his interest in buying THQ's Darksiders today after learning that no one made a bid for the franchise during THQ's auction today.
In a tweet he wrote today, the boss of the studio behind Bayonetta, Vanquish and the upcoming Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance said (in Japanese): "Oh man in THQ's big sale it looks like nobody's bought Darksiders ... I'd love to buy that (if it was cheap)."
In today's sale of THQ assets, Vigil Games and its properties failed to find a buyer, resulting in Vigil employees losing their jobs and the fate of the studio remaining as part of THQ's Chapter 11 bankruptcy case. A Vigil Games employee wrote a goodbye letter posted to the NeoGaf forum.

Source:
http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/23/39...sses-interest-in-buying-darksiders-on-twitter
https://twitter.com/PG_inaba/status/294234427452694528

Reactions: Qtis

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Better happen. Darksiders is an excellent franchise and the games are some of the best button mashing RPG games in a pretty good open world. Hopefully they can continue the development in Platinum Games or another company.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Yeah Darksiders are one of the best 2d platformers games ever.:creep:

Side note: If they get it, wonder if there'll be a Bayonetta + Darksiders game :)

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah Darksiders are one of the best 2d platformers games ever.:creep:

Side note: If they get it, wonder if there'll be a Bayonetta + Darksiders game :)
Umm... we talking about the same Darksiders here? Y'know the Zelda-style game in a full 3D environment where platforming is required but not its main selling point?

I hope Darksiders goes to a decent publisher/developer team who will finish off the series rather than just sitting on the IP.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I was just kidding ;) I bought Darksiders 2 for Wii U on the online store, and boy did it take long to grab it :D 10 gigs of my 32gigs used up already :)
Haven't played much, but I can say one thing. There drops waaaay too many items in the game :D Looking forward to playing more of it now that I finally finished Skyward Sword tho.

Only played the 1st alittle on my PS3. Guess I got bored or something.

Also just as you, I hope the buyers of the Intellectual Property actually continue making Darksiders games.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Only played the 1st alittle on my PS3. Guess I got bored or something.
The second game is way better than the first one mainly due to optimization of the gameplay elements. While the story of the first one is good and in a way continued in the second game, the second game is a good stand alone game by itself.

ps. Just get a possessed weapon and eat the rest of the junk you find. Frees up inventory pretty fast and generates them moneyz :D

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, it kind of sucks that Vigil got abandoned during the sale. I think the franchise is kind of dumb ("Hey, what if we took the Bible, cranked up the grimdark, and turned War/Death into Broody McAngstypants? Ninth graders everywhere will go crazy for that!"), but they deserved better than that.

Anyway, PG is a fine developer, but I think they would be better off spending their time on something else. Anything else, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Written at 69x speed lol.