Hacking Is the Acekard 2i the best for a DS Lite?

SoftKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I want ONE cart permanently, I have an r4i-yes and have enough cash to upgrade to an Acekard 2i. But before I spend the money I just wanna know that whether the kart is really worth it. I mean I want to be able to play the patched ROM's as soon as they hit the internet or within hours of it at least. Can someone tell me whether the Acekard 2i is a long term solution? I am tired of jumping from R4 clone to R4 clone ... I want a solid and future proof kart for sure.

Like right now most R4 clones don't have the firmware to support to Kirby mass attack when I am dying to play it, and I know this will happen with the new Layton game coming later this month. So what do you guys say?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
acekard 2i (with AKAIO support), r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn (with wood support), or the SuperCard DSTwo are probably the best carts out there with great compatibility.

All three of them update around once a month to boost compatibility to newer games, so you won't need to patch them oftenly. acekard 2i is affordable and has great compatibility, but if you're willing to pay about 20~40 more bucks (depending on your retailer), you can get a SuperCard DSTwo with more functions (gba emu, mediaplayer, Real Time Save/Guide, etc).

SoftKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
acekard 2i (with AKAIO support), r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn (with wood support), or the SuperCard DSTwo are probably the best carts out there with great compatibility.

All three of them update around once a month to boost compatibility to newer games, so you won't need to patch them oftenly. acekard 2i is affordable and has great compatibility, but if you're willing to pay about 20~40 more bucks (depending on your retailer), you can get a SuperCard DSTwo with more functions (gba emu, mediaplayer, Real Time Save/Guide, etc).

I appreciate that but my DS lite is STRICTLY for gaming and NOTHING else. I am talking in terms of long term, lets suppose Game A just got a patched ROM how soon does Acekard 2i normally or average take to release a firmware for the game to work on it? I want the fastest one possible

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SoftKitty said:
s4mid4re said:

I appreciate that but my DS lite is STRICTLY for gaming and NOTHING else. I am talking in terms of long term, lets suppose Game A just got a patched ROM how soon does Acekard 2i normally or average take to release a firmware for the game to work on it? I want the fastest one possible
When the cart updates depends on how much time it takes to fix the AP and when the AKAIO team (ak2i's unofficial team currently working 'officially' on the AP fixes for the acekard team) feels like they should release the update. The updates usually come around once a month, but might come earlier/later depending on how many games were released.

SoftKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of all the karts you suggested me which is the MOST suitable? for long term and gaming only. No Emulation, Homebrew apps or ANYTHING. Should I still stick with Acekard or should I try my luck with one of the R4 you recommended? if the R4 which is the best one?

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.com (SPECIFICALLY THE ONE HE SAID, CLONED R4 GOLDS ARE SHIT AND WILL NOT DO ANYTHING GOOD FOR YOU) is the best one for you in this case.

Wood R4 is a great firmware, lots of good updates, great AP fixes, and has the same menu as the Acekard. Only problem is that the R4i Gold 3DS was a clone formerly, but it is now a full-fledged cart in our eyes.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to me like Acekard is the only one that actually has a group of tempers actively working on it all of the time.

SoftKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So its unanimous that the Acekard is the best? I am tired of R4 overall and just want a FINAL long term solution, Even though the Acekard is costing me what I paid for over 3 R4's for my self mostly I am sure it will be well worth it considering the feedback I am getting now.

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bought 2 AK2i in a time span of 2 years, and both still work (one is on my sister´s XL and mine is on my DS Lite)

I have never had any problems with it, AK 2i is my favorite flash cart at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==