lixoman100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,

Sorry if this sounds noobish, but I need to know how risky is it to install Priiloader.
A friend of mine has an Wii that is one of the newer ones that does not allow bootmii to be installed on boot2. I installed the homebrew channel on it, Hermes IOSes and was done with it. It is running System Menu 4.2U.

Now I wanted to install some custom channels for him and wanted some protection before doing so. After some reading, it seems that Priiloader is the best option, as it would allow me access to the Homebrew channel in case of a banner brick so I can use whatever to uninstall a problematic channel.

My question is, how risky is it to install Priiloader on his Wii? I assume it should be as risky as installing the Homebrew Channel - which is, very low risk (mostly due to power failure or something of the sort). I would appreciate any insight on this matter just to be sure what are the odds.

Thank you.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It messes with your system menu a little, but the risk isn't big enough not to install it
tongue.gif

You should definitely install it if there's no BootMii boot2

Installing the HBC is safer as that doesn't mess with any important file.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Now, another question: I have 4 other "non-geeky" family members, and I would like some brick protection. (I can't install BootMii boot2) Is there a way to make Priiloader start only when a certain button is pressed or when certain files are present on the SD Card?

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interested in installing the latest priiloader but I am on 3.2u. Do I have to be on a higher version to install the lastest priiloader?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update to 4.2, that way you have all the latest IOS's, then re-hack, and definatley install Priiloader 0.4 (or whatevers latest when you do it)

Installing Custom Channels or other shit is much more risky than installing Priioader.

And installing channels without Priiloader is just aking for a Brick !!

Sanfransexstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to change the subject, but speaking of priiloader... Do I have to do anything special to play PAL backups on my NTSC wii if I have the force region option turned on for priiloader? thanks

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Some things:

-4.2 is the best SM to have, since the Wii cannot lock you out of anything (Shop or SMG2)

-Installing channels made with Crap is 100% safe

-PriiLoader isn't an Anti-Brick. It is an Anti-Brick that only works for experts.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Disagree, Priiloader's a much better anti-brick, than not having it installed at all.

Is not as good as 'bootmii as boot2', but a whole lot better than nothing.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
C.S.I. said:
Disagree, Priiloader's a much better anti-brick, than not having it installed at all.
bullocks.
the most done brick is stub ios installation or faulty sys menu.

and guess what! priiloader doesn't help with that!

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lulwut said:
C.S.I. said:
bullocks.

Priiloader will let you boot the HBC to allow you to re-install the System Menu if its faulty, but agree, wont help if you hose the SM IOS.

But, as stated, its much better than not having it installed.

And if you dont know how to use it, you can always ask later (assuming your not too stupid and don't panic). Its too late if its not installed =)

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
lulwut said:
C.S.I. said:
bullocks.

certainly helps with banner bricks that could otherwise require someone to purchase a modchip. I'll prefer the free software over the lack of and then needing to spend money.
bannerbricks is the only thing it will help against

also, with faulty SM i dont mean any typical "system is corrupt" messages and shit like that. with faulty System menu i see real issues like halfly installed system menu or no system menu at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol