Is Nintendo brain dead?

Unity150_magickavoxel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They ported official wii emulator in nvidia shield to run loz, smg, and others in CHINA. Wtf are they waiting for? Only releasing 3 snes a month.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I often get the impression that Nintendo is afraid of their own past. When there are a lot of (cheap) re-releases available it could potentially hurt sales for current full-price titles if players are busy with classics.

Other than that I never found a reason for not making all old (first-party) games available for download in one shot. Costs (opposed to past cartridge releases): $0 …and potentially a lot of sold licenses. Zero risk. For third-party titles it's more complicated with a lot of different rights holders – but even that could be managed.

The Virtual Console releases on Wii(U) and 3DS are so incomplete (for example not a single official GBA title on 3DS besides the 10 ambassador exclusives). So much wasted potential.

If they do not want to publish a GC/Wii emulator or GC/Wii ports on the Switch, it seems they do not want to earn money this way. Wii consoles are cheap. Most used games are cheap… so what? Play them on Wii and Nintendo doesn't get a penny. Their problem.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Clock speeds on the Switch are significantly lower than on the Shield, however I do think 720p docked/480p handheld is possible especially with Nin slowly jacking up the speeds here and there.. It could simply be a case of them being the perennial slow tricklers :lol: (I don't know, 45 years old and giggling when I type 'slow tricklers'....sad!) - we've not yet got N64, which may or may not arrive as an online freebie in my opinion, and perhaps they want to release GBA titles too.. One thing is for sure, they're in for the long run with the Switch, so why rush (shame I know, I wouldn't mind them quicker either!)

D

Deleted User

Timing in their own pace. Nintendo is releasing games on Android/iOS so we'll eventually see more of it in other forms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: