Hacking Is my Wii Bricked?

ShadowWaker03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so before i moved, everything with my Wii was working fine. I had all the programs and such needed to prevent a Brick. I was playing on a 3.2US Console, and like i said...everything was peachy. So then Christmas rolled on by and I got a PS3. I unplugged my wii for a while and then we moved during the next month. The last thing i remember doing was playing a backup of GoldenEye007.

Ok, so now that i want to play my wii with my little brother, its been acting strange, as in never turning on. But what i noticed is that, although the screen remains black, If I have my SD card in the slot, my Wii's blue light starts to glow. but if i take it out it doesnt glow at all. So with my little known knowlege of a bricked wii, it is that i will not do ANYTHING if it is bricked. But since it glows blue whenever i have my SD card inserted, is it bricked? and if not, how can i fix it?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They don't typically brick for no reason. The glowing slot is weird...is it just coming on solid or is it flashing when the card is inserted?

Do you have bootmii as boot2? If so, check that the bootmii files are on the SD card.

Also, can you use the power button on the wiimote to turn it on?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have bootmii but no files on your sd card to start it. I think it's possible to get the needed files using modmii, take a look at it. Can your wii still boot without sd card?

Brentallini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the LED light flashes two or three times then that means Bootmi is installed in Boot2 and it's trying to seek the /bootmii directory on the SD card for the necessary files to boot into the bootmii menu.

You can also use a Game Cube controller to navigate through the options as an alternative if the Wii remote is not responding.

As suggested in the other posts, run ModMii if you don't have a back up of the files and you should be able to obtain them from there.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowWaker03 said:
How can you tell if you have Bootmii as Boot2, or not?

The blue light flashes

and the wii does cut on with the wiimote
You can check if you have bootmii/boot2 by taking the SD card out and turning on. The slot light will flash twice very quickly if it is installed. If it flashes only once, or not at all, you don't have bootmii. (From your original post, it sounds like you don't have bootmii.)

Also, is preloader installed? Remove the SD card, then check by holding RESET when powering on.

The wii turning on with the remote is good. It means your bluetooth module is working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken get this lol