Is my gaming collection sad?

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I collect consoles and hacking hardware/software. Please comment if my collection is pathetic and what I should get.

Look at the first spoiler in my signature.

I also have a 32" 1440p TV that I use.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Nah its not sad because all the stuff that you have can barely be described as a gaming "collection". Increase the amount by at least 50% and then come back and we might be able to talk.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't understand the question.

The question should be: Are you sad? If yes: There is no reason to it! Don't measure yourself on your hardware - in every way. :wink:

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got more stuff than that and I don't feel like I could be considered a collector. Take the phones of the list because it's not gaming stuff. Where is your atari's and sega's?

Reactions: migles

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say you should grab all Nintendo consoles (they are quite collectable) and then go for Sega (Dreamcast, Genesis, etc.). Who knows? Maybe you could get into collecting Atari too (2600, 7200, Jaguar, etc.)
For right now, I wouldn't call it a collection. It seems like a normal amount of consoles for an everyday Joe. Then again... I have a NES, SNES, Virtual Boy, N64, GameCube, GBA, GBA SP, Wii, Wii U, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Atari 7200... I guess I don't know what an average amount of consoles is anymore. :lol:
One last thing, your NES 001 is very common. Now an NES 101? THAT'S a collectors piece!

Reactions: migles

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The real question is how many games do you own?
I never felt that owning games was a prerequisite of collecting video game-related paraphernalia - I personally put much more focus on collecting consoles than on collecting video games. With that in mind I have about 20-odd different consoles and only a handful of games for each.

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never felt that owning games was a prerequisite of collecting video game-related paraphernalia - I personally put much more focus on collecting consoles than on collecting video games. With that in mind I have about 20-odd different consoles and only a handful of games for each.

Same. I only have 9 SNES games, since I only wanted a few. Once I got everything I was looking for, I stopped.

Reactions: 2Hack and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Same. I only have 9 SNES games, since I only wanted a few. Once I got everything I was looking for, I stopped.
Unless someone's a completionist with loads of disposable income I don't see a reason to buy games that you either don't play at all or don't even like. I limit myself to my own favourites and I think that's the way to go - if I were Moneybags McGee I'd probably buy more games, but seeing that I'm not I prefer variety over quantity. :P

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say you should grab all Nintendo consoles (they are quite collectable) and then go for Sega (Dreamcast, Genesis, etc.). Who knows? Maybe you could get into collecting Atari too (2600, 7200, Jaguar, etc.)
For right now, I wouldn't call it a collection. It seems like a normal amount of consoles for an everyday Joe. Then again... I have a NES, SNES, Virtual Boy, N64, GameCube, GBA, GBA SP, Wii, Wii U, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Atari 7200... I guess I don't know what an average amount of consoles is anymore. :lol:
One last thing, your NES 001 is very common. Now an NES 101? THAT'S a collectors piece!
A normal ammount? I've asked like 20 people at my school and most of them have between 2 and 4 consoles. Mostly Xbox 360 or PS3 / Xbox One or PS4. Some of them have a GBA or DS from their childhood but don't play it...

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your collection seems... pretty lame.

You have just one console from the 8-bit era, one from the CD wars, nothing particularly rare from two gens ago and some stuff that I consider normal to have.

If this is a console collection, I think it sucks. Unless you have everything boxed and proudly exposed, it's nothing special. It can be considered a backlog of your life as a gamer, but not a collection. I might have had a different opinion if you had a collection of games, but only the hardware itself is just... meh.
If you have all this just to play games, then it's another story. Still not a collection though, imho.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A dozen Consoles/Handhelds is a good start for a "collection".........then you add the Games,Sealed games,Limited Editions, Special Editions, Rare Prints,Variant Prints,US/JAP/PAL versions,etc
:wacko:

God I LOVE my Life :gba:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.