Hacking Is Luma the only CFW atm?

• Thread starter -G-
  • Start date
  • Views 10,492
  • Replies 107
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

Why do we need a variety of CFW that does the same basic thing? I never understood that. Aside from Corbenik and SaltFW... Everything else is just clutter. It sucks that Luma and B9S go hand in hand.. But what can you do? Build your own CFW...
Each new cfw adds something unique to the scene.

Rxtools was the first cfw to introduce injecting,but built into the cfw,then things like emunand9,decrypt9,hourglass9 and godmode9 came in later on and they where influenced to take that same idea but use it in a better way.So once a9lh came,it allowed you to use those arm9 payloads on boot along with any cfw of your choice at the time.Rxtools got ripped apart for being obsolete once people knew about the features decrypt9 has over it and it was stalling people from moving from menuhax.

Cakes gave users more control patches over the system and had a cleaner feel to it since it kept the "ver" string in system settings.

Reinand was supposed to be a simplistic cfw to the core with no menu's since everything was already patched,but allowed splashes and it also splashes on reboot.

Luma was a fork of reinand but takes inspiration from cakes with its menu and options,but stays simple and easy like reinand aswell.The only thing luma doesn't do is give you the option to splash on reboot.

Corbenik and skieth basically took cakes and brang it to a new level with even more power options and it has a chainloader built within the menu so you don't have to assign any buttons to run payloads.

And then in luma 7 and up it took the chainloader idea from corbenik/skieth and added it to where you can choose what payload you want to run by holding start instead of having to assign a button to each payload.It also added a ntr like menu and improved the homebrew launcher.

So as you can see verity adds new ideas into the scene and if they go open source it can be forked and improved easier by anoughter dev,but just about anyone can improve something to there own liking with inspiration.

Last edited by ,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone understand that?

B9S and Luma3DS are both open source. I have no idea what this is about. Did derrek release the source code for SigHax? Maybe confusion about NTR since that's only thing I know in the scene that's closed source.

IIRC boot9strap's source got released when Luma's new update that supported boot9 came out as well. So they made it seem like Luma was the first cfw to do that, and that does kinda seem unfair to other developers because they couldn't work on it till Luma's update and b9s was released. However, I can't argue about that since the Luma devs actually helped along with b9s.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC boot9strap's source got released when Luma's new update that supported boot9 came out as well. So they made it seem like Luma was the first cfw to do that, and that does kinda seem unfair to other developers because they couldn't work on it till Luma's update and b9s was released. However, I can't argue about that since the Luma devs actually helped along with b9s.
They reached out to SciresM about B9S. No one prevented other devs from doing the same. Can't blame them for taking the initiative.

-G-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to release a new version of SaltFW once my n3DS is unbricked. That's all.
e76e572f7cc4f52c36a20cc7bb59dd88.jpg

Reactions: stl25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k