Hardware Is it still necessary to connect an new xbox One to the internet ?

Frederik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, can anyone tell me if i can buy a new console and play games only offline. I only want to buy/rent gamediscs an play games, i am not interested in all things. If a day one patch is still necessary, is there a way to patch offline via usb ?
Thanks for all answers and as always: Apologize for my bad English

D

Deleted User

I got one recently and it had an option to skip internet set up I think.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
OP is refering to the fact that the original launch machines ironically required you to connect to the internet and update in order to bypass the internet connection requirement.

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are playing offline, the console will only let you get a certain amount of achievements before you need to connect online to unlock more. Its ridiculous.

D

Deleted User

You can play offline without issue, however you will be limited in what you can do.

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally bought a Xbox1 during Black Thursday. I couldn't do anything unless I was hooked to the net. Even my disc games requires internet and download 1-2GB worth of the game to play it.. I have cell phone internet (I live in the country). Is this the MO for Xbox one?

ISO-Man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol