Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Not to be a total downer, but I've had my info set to Oregon, for a while, since I'm a bummish kid and don't like paying more than what the price says...(Amazon ftw!)
But when I tried to get Pushmo late last year, my 3DS would freeze as soone as I clicked "buy" or something. happened with the other 3DS system in the house too. I had to Google for an hour, and I finally found a solution from some dude here on GBAtemp. (I had to set my region to Canada, then back to US, with no state, then choose detailed info within e-shop)
But yeah....I guess that was weird. It shouldn't usually happen, but since it happened to me once and it was a hassle I've changed it to my actual info. Really, tax is a pain. I was $.06 short of being able to get Mutant Mudds and had to add more... :( Oh well.

/rant
Tax evasion is fun.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know there is a button now in the bottom right hand corner so you can add only the amount of funds necessary to purchase something right? You didn't have to put more than that 6 cents on.

Oh wait... nm... you're one of the people that buys the actual cards? Yuck... not being old enough for a debit card must suck.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always think it's funny how people try to avoid paying taxes when tax is like 1 or 2 dollars total. I guess it's just GBATemp showing its age.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always think it's funny how people try to avoid paying taxes when tax is like 1 or 2 dollars total. I guess it's just GBATemp showing its age.

Yeah it's only GBAtemp that's stingy as fuck.
Not most of NA/EU (and probably other regions as well).

Seriously your comments are borderline retarded sometimes.

I guarantee it's not just GBAtemp that doesn't want to pay taxes on something when they don't have to. GBAtemp didn't invent tax evasion, after all.

Reactions: 2 people

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah it's only GBAtemp that's stingy as fuck.
Not most of NA/EU (and probably other regions as well).

I guarantee it's not just GBAtemp that doesn't want to pay taxes on something when they don't have to. GBAtemp didn't invent tax evasion, after all.
The majority of these regions do not evade taxes...that's true. TO imply that through sarcasm was simply retarded - not borderline. But you're just a kid - no worries. :)

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TO imply that through sarcasm was simply retarded - not borderline. But you're just a kid - no worries. :)

And what does he do? Posts another retarded comment...

Anyways, I'm going to switch when I buy VVVVVV today and see what happens.

Reactions: 1 person

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use zipcode 97008 and select any Oregon city and you won't get charged. I've done it two times now to avoid paying and wasting money on the prepaid card balance. You need all you can get when using those prepaid cards.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TO imply that through sarcasm was simply retarded - not borderline. But you're just a kid - no worries. :)

And what does he do? Posts another retarded comment...

Anyways, I'm going to switch when I buy VVVVVV today and see what happens.
Explain how it's retarded. I bet if you weren't already viewed as an idiot in my mind, I wouldn't be pestering you, but you're just...there.

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Explain how it's retarded. I bet if you weren't already viewed as an idiot in my mind, I wouldn't be pestering you, but you're just...there.
If I recall correctly, this thread is about 3DS tax evading, not explaining why certain things are or aren't retarded.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, this thread is about 3DS tax evading, not explaining why certain things are or aren't retarded.
Ah. You can bring it up and accuse someone of it, but when it gets down to it, you can't explain it and run away from it like it was never said. Very wise.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who WOULDN'T want to save a whole $1 or more, just by changing some settings around?

A Dollar saved is a dollar you don't have to spend. Changing your DS settings to save some money is the equivalent to using a coupon at a grocery store. Money you don't have to spend is still money. Coupons that you actually use are in-a-way, free money. And so is posing as Canadian.

Its just simple logic...

If I told you that you could pay $7.50 for Pushmo, or $6 for Pushmo, which one would you choose? Hell, I wish I knew about 3DS' tax evasion prior to buying Pushmo and Shantae... coulda saved $3.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I can give a couple more area codes from my personal experience (you know, living in Oregon) if anybody wants to switch it up, though, Googling for Oregon zip codes should get you what you need.

I'm sure it's technically illegal to some degree, but it's so minor that it won't ever matter.

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. You can bring it up and accuse someone of it, but when it gets down to it, you can't explain it and run away from it like it was never said. Very wise.
That's what Private Messages are for. I've already sent one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-