Is it possible to port Mario Kart Arcade GP DX to Nintendo 3DS?

HOME-Resonance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maxresdefault.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I want to play this game but I only have a Chromebook (I am not going to buy a Windows laptop) and I don't live close to an arcade that has this game I would love to bring this game on the go (and maybe they could port it to the Switch and Wii U) its a really fun game that deserves more love. (It will probably have to be an unofficial port of the game just because)

Last edited by HOME-Resonance,

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The original 2 arcade Mario Kart games are based on the Triforce arcade board, which is based on a Gamecube. Can be emulated by most OSes.
The "DX" Version is a bit newer, and as far as i read is based on PC type of arcade board, so it is not emulated on a pc, it is "loaded", when you want to run it on a regular pc. Maybe there are solutions to run windows software on a MAC, but I didn't find any way to load these native PC apps on MAC withouth a workaround.
There are different Arcade PC loader softwares out there. https://teknogods.github.io/ is one of them.
None of those games will ever run on a 3DS. I don't think, that those games can be emulated on a switch, no matter if using Linux or overclocking.
So best way besides playing the arcade machine is to actually play those games on a PC.
edit: But maybe give the dolphin emulator a chance to play those older 2 Mario Kart entries?

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 413606
Post automatically merged:

I want to play this game but I only have a Chromebook (I am not going to buy a Windows laptop) and I don't live close to an arcade that has this game I would love to bring this game on the go (and maybe they could port it to the Switch and Wii U) its a really fun game that deserves more love. (It will probably have to be an unofficial port of the game just because)
There was supposedly a port for the Switch (done by Bandai Namco) that was due for release in 2020/2021 but it seems not to have seen the light of day as an official release. Might be possible on the Wii U too but with no source code or publicly announced decomp the chances of it happening must be very slim. Even slimmer or impossible for the 3ds as the Namco System ES3 on which it runs used a quad core Intel i5-35S0S @ 3Ghz, 8GB or 16GB Ram and 250GB HDD space.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

There's no way a 3DS could emulate anything close to the MKGP games. The 3DS can barely emulate N64-level games, and even that was considered impossible for quite a while. Running it on a PC with decent specs is your best bet. Honestly even porting it to Switch would be a lot of work--even more so for Wii U--since the game was conceived as an arcade game and not a console release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed