Is it possible to play LEGO Dimensions without the LEGO set or the ToyPad?

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ever since LEGO Dimensions came out I’ve been interested in Sonic’s campaign but I searched for the Sonic LEGO set in every local store for several years with no luck, I even offered some stores to pay for a special shipment order with no luck, since the game is old now and stores are about to shut down I’ve officially given up hope and I was wondering if it’s possible to play the game without the physical parts using a mod or cheat codes or something...

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since LEGO Dimensions came out I’ve been interested in Sonic’s campaign but I searched for the Sonic LEGO set in every local store for several years with no luck, I even offered some stores to pay for a special shipment order with no luck, since the game is old now and stores are about to shut down I’ve officially given up hope and I was wondering if it’s possible to play the game without the physical parts using a mod or cheat codes or something...
Nope the toys r required

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't they just the same as amiibo and you can transfer the data to blank nfc tags? That's how i got all the driver suits on mk8.
Yes, but I believe in this case you'd still need the toy pad - it uses its own reader rather than the GamePad's amiibo reader.
Get one of those, and you should be able to use NFC tags for the figures themselves.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, yes but no quite the same, you need nfc 213 tags and the ldtageditor app to create clones. there is also a raspberry pi toy pad emulator I don't know if works on switch. it works on Wiiu, ps3 and others:

https://github.com/Berny23/LD-ToyPad-Emulator

Last edited by impeeza,

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but I believe in this case you'd still need the toy pad - it uses its own reader rather than the GamePad's amiibo reader.
Get one of those, and you should be able to use NFC tags for the figures themselves.
I suppose I can look up a ToyPad in stores though does i have to be the Wii U specific version or can a PS4 ToyPad work on Wii U? And is there like a tutorial of some sort to get NFC tags to work with the game?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I can look up a ToyPad in stores though does i have to be the Wii U specific version or can a PS4 ToyPad work on Wii U? And is there like a tutorial of some sort to get NFC tags to work with the game?
According to google, only the xbox pads are locked to xboxes. You can use a PS one on Wii U.

I figure getting them to work is similar to getting amiibo tags to work, except with a different type of tag and a different app to write it.

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
According to google, only the xbox pads are locked to xboxes. You can use a PS one on Wii U.

I figure getting them to work is similar to getting amiibo tags to work, except with a different type of tag and a different app to write it.
You’re correct, I looked up toturials and it seems they work exactly the same way as Amiibo NFC I guess I’ll look up a ToyPad and get myself some of these stickers to print a Sonic one, or have someone print one for me and I can pay them 🤔

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You’re correct, I looked up toturials and it seems they work exactly the same way as Amiibo NFC I guess I’ll look up a ToyPad and get myself some of these stickers to print a Sonic one, or have someone print one for me and I can pay them 🤔
You can look for "collections" of cloned tags on ebay

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm, now there is an idea for a potential Aroma plugin, one that tricks the Wii U into using it's NFC reader in the GamePad for non Amiibo NFC games like Lego Dimensions, Skylanders, and Disney Infinity. Wonder if that could be possible.

• Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work