Hacking Is it possible to play Gamecube games on the Wii via USB ?

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not, and it can only be done through disc backups, would you please link me on a trusted guide if you don't mind? I'd truly appreciate it.

Edit: I should add, through USB... Besides with a WODE.

QueenKong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, with DIOS-MIOS. But not a single game works correctly with that method... Anyway, another version of SD-Boot will be out by the end of 2011. This is the only solution...

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweeeet. Thanks.

For everyone else interested, I found a guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/blogs/shadowsonic2...-dios-mios.html - Not sure if there's one on GBAtemp, didn't find one.

The tutorial is apparently really long, but they're more fun that way
biggrin.gif

Edit: it looks like it's been discontinued (No longer being updated), and... Nearly every game is completely broken... (List here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List ).

*sigh*... I guess I'm going to just play backups on discs, if this is the only solution.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haloman800 said:
If not, and it can only be done through disc backups, would you please link me on a trusted guide if you don't mind? I'd truly appreciate it.
DIOS-MIOS is dead!....thus not a viable option.
so long as you have a wii without the D3-2 or D4 drives, you can load through disc back-ups. just install a cMIOS (comes in .wad form and installs via any wad manager--can be obtained through Modmii, the modify any wii thread, or even the DarkCORP pack). once done, you can load through NeoGamma or, i think, even the disc channel....hope this helps.

edit: did you just supply a direct link to a no-no site??? ...i think you did....
edit again: thaaaaat's twice now....ur so getting busted....

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
don't forget, any wii out now has the D-3-2 drive in it, it'll never play burned discs of ANY kind.....
That is slightly misleading... Any Wii sold in the past ten months has a D3-2 drive in it.

OP: There's SD-Boot, which will allow you to play GC games from SD.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ddetkowski said:
don't forget, any wii out now has the D-3-2 drive in it, it'll never play burned discs of ANY kind.....
Well, now the most common drive on a brand new wii is the D4.
closedeyes.gif

Anyway it can't play backup discs just like its predecessor D3-2.
smile.gif

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
ddetkowski said:
That is slightly misleading... Any Wii sold in the past ten months has a D3-2 drive in it.

Please link
biggrin.gif
. I'll be googling by the time you read this..

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
haloman800 said:
Krestent said:
ddetkowski said:

Please link
biggrin.gif
I doubt that this is what you're looking for, since you're obviously too lazy to invest any money for pirating games. You would need an SD-Gecko for this, they're cheap, but still...

EDIT: I'm not wasting GBAtemp's bandwidth with an comment to a question that get's asked each week, and could have been answered with a simple Search. Not to mention that you're linking to sites which aren't allowed here. Seems more like you're wasting GBAtemp's bandwidth. Your argument, sir, failed hard.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
haloman800 said:
Krestent said:
ddetkowski said:

Please link
biggrin.gif
I doubt that this is what you're looking for, since you're obviously too lazy to invest any money for pirating games. You would need an SD-Gecko for this, they're cheap, but still...

I'm not going to spend $100-150 dollars & take apart my Wii to play GC backup games. I've already had 4-5 Gamecube discs scratched beyond reading or broken by my nephews/nieces. I have no interest in pirating games, so stop assuming things, it's shows stupidity.

I already knew I needed an SD-Gecko, so if you're not going to offer any helpful information, please stop wasting GBAtemp's bandwidth.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Gamecube USB loading is dead, SDBoot is the only way forward it seems, Disc backups if you have a capable Wii are the best way via NeoGamma

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Krestent said:
ddetkowski said:

you still need a USB gecko.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.