Hacking Is it possible to backup an R4 before it becomes bricked ?

sirben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys I got an r4i rts gold card today,and was able to boot it up after updating the kernel ! I have tested it with mario 64 ds and it works just fine.
Now I want to use it for ntrboothax. But before I begin I would like to know if there are any precautions that I can take if the event my card gets bricked ? Can I backup my card and restore it if it gets bricked ?

Here are images of the card including the board
front-2-jpeg.98435

front-jpeg.98436

back-jpeg.98437

board-jpeg.98438

This is what shows up when I insert the Card
game-jpeg.98439

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
And is there a possibilty my 3ds gets bricked in the process? If so how can I prevent this ?
1. I think this card is not supported.
2. the "program" backs up your card so you can restore it later (but if it gets bricked, it probably can't be restored :/ )
3. there is alway possibility that your device will get bricked, but with NTRBOOThax it does not matter because you can always to ctrnand transfer.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

timxirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: The label itself is what makes it suspect as a possible fake. They are no longer produced with the "v6.1" mark on them, so that should raise a red flag if you purchased it recently... I have only injected ntrboot on recent authentic cartridges and they look like this:
r4i-gold-3ds-rts.jpg

I've done about 12 of them, and all of them looked like this. But for what it's worth, the game that is displayed when the cart is inserted is the same as the one you show in your picture. So you either got a fake, ordered it a while back, or just got old inventory.

Last edited by timxirish,
Reactions: emuashui

sirben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi Guys I just wanted to let you all know the r4i Card WORKED !! I have successfully Modded My little brothers new 3ds xl and it now has cfw !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom