Is it normal that Aroma takes a long time to load?

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
[SOLVED]

I've decided to install Aroma due to Pretendo Network.

I've installed it, but, it takes me a lot of time to load into the Wii U menu, around 5 minutes.

I checked if I installed it correctely, and nothing seems to be wrong. Any idea of what happened? Any help is welcome.

Last edited by DuduMil,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should only take about 40 to 60 seconds to load. Your issue is related in some way to the sd card.

1. Could be you are using a really old SD card with low read speeds.

2. Could be your SD card is formated wrong

3. Could be the SD card is about to break.

4. Could be the Sd Card slot on the WiiU is about to break.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not normal. Do you have the quick menu on?
No, quick menu is disabled.

Should only take about 40 to 60 seconds to load. Your issue is related in some way to the sd card.

1. Could be you are using a really old SD card with low read speeds.

2. Could be your SD card is formated wrong

3. Could be the SD card is about to break.

4. Could be the Sd Card slot on the WiiU is about to break.
1. The sd card that I use is a SanDisk Ultra 200GB, bought it in 2020.

2. It's formatted in the FAT32 format

3 & 4. Good guesses, I have another Wii U, maybe I should try to install on it?
Post automatically merged:

Forgot to mention: sometimes, it doesn't even boot

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for the very late update, I forgot I made this thread.

The problem just solved by itself haha, thank you all for the help.

:)

Progamer_7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[SOLVED]

Hi, I have also installed aroma due to Pretendo Network, and Other things. My Wii U Takes forever to load and I have read through this probably over 1000 times... I have tried Backing up the files and formatting the SD card. It Worked for a bit. but it now just doesn't boot.

Any Ideas?
And I use a Kingston 128gb Micro SD card with a Kingston Adapter.

Last edited by Progamer_7000,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have also installed aroma due to Pretendo Network, and Other things. My Wii U Takes forever to load and I have read through this probably over 1000 times... I have tried Backing up the files and formatting the SD card. It Worked for a bit. but it now just doesn't boot.

Any Ideas?
And I use a Kingston 128gb Micro SD card with a Kingston Adapter.
fat32 SD card??

Have you tried another SD?

the little "lock" on the side of the SD is not blocked from writing??

Reactions: Blythe93

Progamer_7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have checked and it is a FAT 32 SD

I have tried another sd card, yes.

I do not have write protection enabled

I have bought this from a store and the Wii U is Used.
I also have used tiramusu Hombrew before and that worked fine. The SD card i feel isnt the problem.
I Mainly got aroma for Amiibo Emulation WUP installer and Pretendo.

Hope that helps!

• Sad

Progamer_7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it's really weird. If I could guess that could be it, I tried Miiverse and it worked for like 2 minutes. if that isn't normal. Also I do bring my Wii U to a friends house every weekend, but i pack it VERY carefully. FYI, I have a modded 2DS that has the same Pretendo Account Information. I was playing Minecraft with the Bluepair DS3, and it was fine. Now that I think about it I did add a custom theme about an hour or two before it started acting up.

OI hope all of this helps!
Your Wii U doesn't even boot anymore? Maybe something went wrong with the Pretendo installation?

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try formating the card/usb again, backup everything to your PC before formating it. You can also make some tests, maybe the Pretendo plugin isn't working properly or something, try removing it from the SD card and then try booting the Wii U again. If it doesn't work, try cleaning the SD card slot and the SD card itself.

Edit: it could be that the SD card isn't working properly, but since you tried with an other SD card and didn't work also, I think we can throw that idea out of the window.

Progamer_7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try formating the card/usb again, backup everything to your PC before formating it. You can also make some tests, maybe the Pretendo plugin isn't working properly or something, try removing it from the SD card and then try booting the Wii U again. If it doesn't work, try cleaning the SD card slot and the SD card itself.

Edit: it could be that the SD card isn't working properly, but since you tried with an other SD card and didn't work also, I think we can throw that idea out of the window.
Thanks I'll try that. I have an odd feeling that it's something to do with custom themes though. It only started acting up once the theme was installed. Thank you for all of the ideas! and if themes have anything to do with it I would love to know.

Keep in touch-
Progamer_7000

Thanks I'll try that. I have an odd feeling that it's something to do with custom themes though. It only started acting up once the theme was installed. Thank you for all of the ideas! and if themes have anything to do with it I would love to know.

Keep in touch-
Progamer_7000
Edit: I don't think it's the Pretendo but I will try. It was fine until the theme stuff soooo.....

HI again.
I just want to say that everybody's ideas are great. but none of them worked...
I am wondering about the themes for Wii Us with aroma, because my wii u only stopped working when I installed a mario galaxy theme. nothing special, just a basic Galaxy theme. So I have been going on and on through my Wii U sd card and I was wondering if there is any possible way to retrieve it.

I also want to say if it's not possible, that's fine. I have a Plan B if something goes wrong. it's just... Wait... I literally just had this idea and did it. I removed my SD card and that did it fine... Now it's time for PLAN C ... is there anyway to safely remove the custom theme from the Wii u SD card???

All ideas are helpful...
Thanks again, Progamer_7000

Edit: (again LOL) as soon as I thought of it I got impatient as soon as I thought of the idea... I kinda deleted the file to the custom theme.... any ideas???

Last edited by Progamer_7000,

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am wondering about the themes for Wii Us with aroma, because my wii u only stopped working when I installed a mario galaxy theme
The theme shouldn't have done anything on your Wii U, my Wii Us have both custom themes and Aroma works just fine. There's a homebrew app, which I don't remember the name, that can load wii u themes from your SD card, I'll write the name here once I find it.

Edit: It's called UThemeMii.

Progamer_7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The theme shouldn't have done anything on your Wii U, my Wii Us have both custom themes and Aroma works just fine. There's a homebrew app, which I don't remember the name, that can load wii u themes from your SD card, I'll write the name here once I find it.

Edit: It's called UThemeMii.
Thanks. I want you to know that the tutorial I used to get the theme was by @FunkyScott47. And is there any way to fix this without Formatting the sd card. but if it has to be formatted then that's just that. But if it has to be Formatted I am just wondering if there is anyway to transfer over the saves of the games. And I know that every post is always long, but I REALLY need to get this fixed. I am trying to beat every Zelda game and I can only do that if i can play TWP HD with a wii u. and if your thinking to yourself going like "Just use cemu" it doesn't work.

All help is really appreciated.

Progamer_7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I fixed the problem. No, it wasn't the Themes. No, It wasn't Pretendo Network. I guess I had Aroma Installed incorrectly. But on the Bright side I had A Backup of my Wii U so I just copied the Aroma Folder. Nothing was lost except for Amiibo Emulation which I will re-install after I post this. Thank you for everything you tried to help me, But I was just stupid and Installed Aroma Incorrectly.

P.S. I also do not have that custom theme.

Thanks a lot! -
Progamer_7000.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1