Hardware Is Ad-Hoc Party possible?

laurorual

What are you looking for?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When i had a PSP, i used an app on my PS3 called Ad-Hoc Party a lot to play Monster Hunter and Dissidia. For those who doesn't know what Ad-Hoc Party is, here is a link: https://www.gamesradar.com/how-to-take-your-psp-online-with-ad-hoc-party/

It basically connects your PSP online with other PSPs in games that only supports local LAN gaming (like monster hunter and dissidia).
I was wondering if it is possible with the Switch, since a lot of ppl was banned and can only play local LAN, but since i dont know how the local LAN gaming on Switch works, i dont know if some similar app would work with it :(
Is it possible?

Reactions: Kioku

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ad-hoc = Two wireless devices directly connected to each other.

I do think it's possible since a lot of games (Mario Party?) connect with each other, might be via bluetooth but I doubt it.

laurorual

What are you looking for?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does the Switch uses ad-hoc to connect to other consoles? I mean, the PSP uses ad-hoc to play local multiplayer and somehow this Ad-Hoc Party app enables "online" play with local/ad-hoc only games!
There is also a PC app similar to this: https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:how_it_works
This link shows how it works: "Through an interface, Kai converts the adhoc signal of your Psp into an “Internet” one right before bringing back to adhoc to your opponent."

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xlink Kai Might be possible Might not it kinda depends how nintendo's handling Local-Lan on teh switch the same kinda thing was asked for DS Games but that was shot down by reasons i cant recall anymore just that it involved something about one of teh protocols nintendo used for Ad-hoc communication between devices.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Before anything of this can be attempted the SSL need to be decrypted. Else it's pretty much useless to try to make a private server etc.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anything of this can be attempted the SSL need to be decrypted. Else it's pretty much useless to try to make a private server etc.
If it goes Xlink way I don't think you ever need to bypass anything.

Because it used your PC to capture packets of the console and send them to other PC trough internet which then sends it directly to the other console untouched packets like if the 2 consoles were directly connected on the same network, PC does the whole job of capturing and redirecting.

M$ went further away on Xbox360 by adding a stupid 30ms ping limit for LAN play.

Wrathcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah good times with the psp and xlink, that would be great to have something similar on switch in the future

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
When i had a PSP, i used an app on my PS3 called Ad-Hoc Party a lot to play Monster Hunter and Dissidia. For those who doesn't know what Ad-Hoc Party is, here is a link: https://www.gamesradar.com/how-to-take-your-psp-online-with-ad-hoc-party/

It basically connects your PSP online with other PSPs in games that only supports local LAN gaming (like monster hunter and dissidia).
I was wondering if it is possible with the Switch, since a lot of ppl was banned and can only play local LAN, but since i dont know how the local LAN gaming on Switch works, i dont know if some similar app would work with it :(
Is it possible?

Yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate