Hacking Is A9LH likely to get easier?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe you missed my point, on O3DS, the region where the N3DS secret sector is supposed to be is empty, that means that if you move stuff around in there, you won't be able to control what you actually move around, since that area was never initialized with data to be decrypted with the OTP, so how do you want to set some area there that is supposed to be decrypted by OTP, if you don't know the OTP that is supposed to decrypt it. also, the Secret sector is not signed, it's just a blob of encrypted data, nothing more nothing less, if you don't know how the machine is supposed to decrypt it and you don't know what it currently decrypts into, you can't manipulate what it will decrypt into, you would have to bruteforce it and defeat the purpose.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no, with OTP, it's totally possible to setup A9LH in each console in the 3ds family, but without the OTP known, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to set it up in o3ds and 2ds (N3DS could be possible depending on wheather nintendo fucks up or not), that was my point, not that it's impossible to set it up in o3ds or 2ds, i never claimed so, i only claimed that it ain't appening an OTPless a9lh setup process for both (o3ds/2ds) systems
Oh. I get it. I'll just say it again to make sure I'm getting it right:
We can't decrypt the data that doesn't exist without the OTP, because we don't know what it will decrypt into. If we write in a decrypted secret sector, the arm9loader won't expect it to be decrypted and decrypt it to... Ironically, garbage. We don't have this problem on n3ds because the secret sector already exists, and we don't need the OTP to encrypt it.
Right? :unsure: (Either way, thanks for helping me understand :))

Last edited by Swiftloke,

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oh. I get it. I'll just say it again to make sure I'm getting it right:
We can't decrypt the data that doesn't exist without the OTP, because we don't know what it will decrypt into. If we write in a decrypted secret sector, the arm9losder won't expect it to be decrypted and decrypt it to... Ironically, garbage. We don't have this problem on n3ds because the secret sector already exists, and we don't need the OTP to encrypt it.
Right? :unsure: (Either way, thanks for helping me understand :))
yup, you got the gist of it

Reactions: Swiftloke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?