Homebrew Question Is a Wii U emulator possible for the Nintendo Switch?

It's possible?

• Possible

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Impossible

Votes: 202 90.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have one more doubt, is a Wii U emulator possible for Nintendo Switch?

According to me, send the large number of remakes and remasters in this generation of consoles the delay of new games in this generation, most of all the lack of physical backwardness in PS4 and Switch, because in PS4 the old titles of PSX, PS2 and PS3 are digital format, something that no player likes by default, are creating remakes and remasters because the PS4 has no physical backward compatibility.

there are such negative things in this generation as paying for online, delaying new titles, creating remakes and remastering.

that's why I created this thread, to know if it's possible a Wii U emulator for Nintendo Switch, and since Nintendo was creating remakes of Wii U games for Switch because they do not give it physical backward compatibility with Wii U or 3DS, because:

1. As Switch does not have a disc player to be backward compatible with Wii U, aside from the dual Wii U screen with the Wii U GamePad to be backward compatible with the Wii U.

2. As Switch has its slot of cartridges too thin to be retrocompatible with 3DS, aside from the dual screen that had 3DS and not have the camera as to be retrocompatible with the 3DS.

Nintendo Switch has 4 GB RAM and an NVIDIA TEGRA 5, will this be enough to emulate the Wii U on Nintendo Switch?

:-)
Use some common sense, Cemu barely runs on a PC that costs several times as much as the Switch and is 50 times bigger and draws 30 times the power...
I don't mean to be rude but this thread could have been avoided.
Honestly the Switch can barely even emulate GameCube, and even that's a maybe, but it should be doable with overclocking.

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
you´r dreaming dude, there´s will no be a new switch revision in 2019, with 256gb? ninty never use a good storage in their consoles, a better resolution?, that sounds good, but ninty will not do a new switch, people are just fine with the switch now, the only thing that ninty needs is more good games and the people will be happy, and ninty knows it. maybe nintendo releases a new revision but the changes must be minimun like a better battery, not a better resolution but maybe a better color palette screen, fix the hardware problems and that is. also with 256gb and a better screen you can not move an emulator is the same s**t, and everyone knows that nintendo will not improve their hardware considering that the switch can move AAA games like doom or wolfenstein. a better option for nintendo is to improve their sofware, a way to put official themes, virtual-console, real apps like netflix, and better servers.

pd: also, Why the hell we need a camera? even in the 3ds it was a waste.

pd2: the portable mode runs already in 720P .-. and 4K? really?
A camera would be necessary, since today all portable devices such as smartphones and laptops, have an integrated camera to take pictures, make video calls, video chat and more things that the cameras of these devices do, apart from having a microphone to record notes of voice, talk with person on Skye or Internet, etc.

Switch is among those devices, but Nintendo, instead of integrating it into Switch, did not want to intergrate the camera, which made it worse.

in the 3DS, it was not a waste, it simply served in games like Face Raiders, which increased the realism of the games.

Also, I know you will have an integrated microphone to play Let's Sing 2019 and Fornite to do a voice chat, you no longer need the usual wireless microphone to play that game or the headphones to do a voice chat in Fornite.

Also, forget to mention that they will add a better battery.

the best things with a camera and a microphone :-)

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Simple answer: No, not anytime soon (if ever there will be).
Wii U is still so close in terms of power to Switch, and they have very different architecture.

Last edited by depaul,

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no "new switch". Nintendo is simply going to use a revision tegra x1 chipset that does not have the exploit the current x1 has. It will not be considered a new console, it will not have a launch date or anything like that, it will be a silent launch & there will be no physical difference. The only way to tell a difference would be to completely tear down the "new" switch and view the model number on the chipset.

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, a Switch (even a theoretical pro model, assuming the hardware would even be up to the task that’d still require an ungodly amount of effort to program) could not handle emulating a Wii U. It simply doesn’t have the processing power for it, just like how the PS4 can’t emulate the PS3 and the Xbox One can’t really emulate the Xbox 360 (The Xbone’s backwards compatibility is more of a virtual machine kind of thing with bits of recompiled code thrown in AFAIK)

Reactions: felix.200

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A camera would be necessary, since today all portable devices such as smartphones and laptops, have an integrated camera to take pictures, make video calls, video chat and more things that the cameras of these devices do, apart from having a microphone to record notes of voice, talk with person on Skye or Internet, etc.

Switch is among those devices, but Nintendo, instead of integrating it into Switch, did not want to intergrate the camera, which made it worse.

in the 3DS, it was not a waste, it simply served in games like Face Raiders, which increased the realism of the games.

Also, I know you will have an integrated microphone to play Let's Sing 2019 and Fornite to do a voice chat, you no longer need the usual wireless microphone to play that game or the headphones to do a voice chat in Fornite.

Also, forget to mention that they will add a better battery.

the best things with a camera and a microphone :-)
Sorry but you are either an idiot or a troll. My guess is troll considering I have seen your other post like ps3 emulation on Wii u. Nintendo are not, I repeat, are NOT doing any of the things you have stated, it would be ignorant on their part. Why would Nintendo integrate a camera or any other accessory like that when they can release it as an accessory that is plugged into the switches usb c port or the usb ports on the dock. You have been watching way to many fake uninformed youtubers that have ZERO reputation. Youtubers that spread lies and rumors for the sole purpose of profiting from video views.

ElConsolero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Simple answer: yes, it is possible! it would be even possible to emulate a PS4 on NSW!

But games for these emulated systems would never be playable!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP means Wii U, not Wii.

It is impossible for Wii U emulator to run on Switch, so that why many Wii U games likely to be ported or remastered.
Porting is nowhere near the same as emulation. Porting is adapting a game to run on a platform, nowhere does any of the hardware get emulated through software.

Do you even know how emulation works?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I can understand the need to have an AIO console on the go but is it really necessary to emulate past consoles that much? I'd rather like a nice port (donkey kong country, bayonetta) that's optimized to run on the Switch hardware. And that's something Nintendo is doing quite well. Just give them time and you'll eventually have the best library of games the Wii U has to offer.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porting is nowhere near the same as emulation. Porting is adapting a game to run on a platform, nowhere does any of the hardware get emulated through software.

Do you even know how emulation works?

Do you know how reading comprehension works? He is saying it wouldn't be possible to run Wii U games via emulation so that's why Wii U games would have to come via port or remaster.

I don't see how a reasoned person could think he was conflating emulation with porting.

Congratulations on getting a job.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know how reading comprehension works? He is saying it wouldn't be possible to run Wii U games via emulation so that's why Wii U games would have to come via port or remaster.

I don't see how a reasoned person could think he was conflating emulation with porting.

Congratulations on getting a job.

................ I have nothing to say...

Also that congratulations sounds a bit on the sarcastic side, so whatever, forgive me for being human and misreading it.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The original subject of this thread is everything but serious. There is nothing to argue about.

The real question is: Will we see an emulator released in the near future? No! Chances are close to zero! Nintendo knows it'not feasible, and even if someone puts tremendous amount of work on it you'll get very slow glitchy emulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1