OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,

I'm having my 360 for like 1.5 years now but I'm starting to think about changing it to a PS3, for following reasons and I'm eager to hear your replies:

Why PS3 > 360:
1- PS3's yellow light of death is much much less common than 360's RRoD, which will happen most of the times and is not fixed by latest Jasper Motherboards.
2- PS3's online multiplayer is free but you still have to pay for Microsoft's. There are rumors that they will make it free but I don't believe it with the knowledge I have about Microsoft.
3- Ban. Most people get banned in the "ban waves", even the ones using stealth games.

Why 360 > PS3:
1- Piracy.
2- Controllers. I like 360's controllers much better than PS3's.

So what do you think?

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep the 360. The first party titles for PS3 are great, but they get boring so fast. An XBox 360 and Halo, and you're in heaven... As long as you don't play all the time. I just don't think you should. I chose a PS3 and i'm happy with it, but honestly i am so damn tired of the lack of Splitscreen and Co-op. I think Online is good and all, but only if you have local friends to do it with.

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have both but use the Ps3 more because of my 360 overheating all the time. I think it is a matter of personal taste some people will be hardcore 360 gamers and would never go for a ps3 and vice versa. But the cost maybe should be taken into consideration if looking at the Ps3. I think with Blu Ray player etc it is the superior console overall but is still very pricey and even though you would save on xbox live etc still take a while to get your money back.

jojoj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
360 > PS3
ps3 is good but as i own 1 it's fun but after like 2 -3 months u get bored of the games...

on the other hand my 360 i play all the time ive had it for a year and no RRoD

also if i ever do get RRoD microsoft has a 3 year warranty for it all i have to do is Reg the serial and send it in

plus 360 has halo it's not the best but Co-op is beast and so is online.

im telling this to you as a person who has a ps3/360 360 is way btr Even if online is like 8 bucks a month it's worth tha monay ^_-

Oh yeah and on top of all that u can flash your hard-drive to download games for free!! which saves alot of money wheras the ps3 50$+ for a game

ShadowSol

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well the xbox360 does have arcade,trial/free demo games and a lot of extra features...
but, i don't know much about ps3...

oh and there are lots of games u can play (that r good) for a long time (on xbox360)

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
PS3 destroys the 360 in every way imaginable.

In so many ways that I cant even list them all here.

nayps3.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jojoj said:
plus 360 has halo it's not the best but Co-op is beast and so is online.
lol
go play CoD4

QUOTE(Jonkswa @ Aug 8 2009, 06:01 PM) well the xbox360 does have arcade,trial/free demo games and a lot of extra features...
but, i don't know much about ps3...
PS3 has the same things available from the PSN store

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well Live isn't availavble in my country, and my internet sucks for online gaming, heck i even get lag on CS
tongue.gif

i have both, enjoy playing on both systems.

this thread will go far.

just think of it this way, they are both good at what they do in their own unique way. Just because they are different doesn't mean that the other is better, and vice-versa.

kenyab2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps3 is better because of the psn and the playstation store...you could also download demos of the games frm the store before you actually buy them! but this is just my opinion

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenyab2009 said:
ps3 is better because of the psn and the playstation store...you could also download demos of the games frm the store before you actually buy them! but this is just my opinion

You can do that on the 360 with Live too.

My 2 cents on this topic...
The PS3 looks much better on paper than the 360 but so far I haven't seen any games that are on both platforms that stand out more on one vs the other. The only drawback of the 360 is that it is stuck with DVD9s instead of BluRay discs so there are going to be more and more multi-disc games (or toned down versions of games) on the 360 as time goes on. For now though, the only game I can really think of by not having a PS3 that I want to play is Little Big Planet. :/

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to argue about the fine details. All I am going to say is I have both, and my 360 gets powered on at least twice as much as my PS3 does... if not more.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own 2, 360 cause the first one was a piece of crap.
Now this new one its a 2009 model and its perfect.
I have a PS3 also, so I don't have to choose which is better cause I can get any games the other doesn't.
Simply I like the 360 more cause It plays backups.
But we can all agree that the gap is not as big as a Wii and a 360 or PS3.
BTW I'm playing my PS3 at the moment more even tho I can get any game on the 360.
Socom, and my fav Fat Princess is the bomb online.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what do you want the console for?

Just for playing? get a Xbox360 if so.
why? simple... look at the PS3 games library, now look at the Xbox360 library...

just look at them really. RROD are a thing of the past, incase you havent seen, there havent been many RROD's nowadays.

The PS3 is great, no one can deny that. But really, 90% of their games are on the xbox360, and 70% of the xbox360 games on the PS3...

the console that wins this generation in terms of games, is WITHOUT a doubt, the Xbox360.

Whoever says that is a fricking sony fagbo.... i mean fanboy.

but dont mind me... i'm a nintendo fanboy, but i ENJOY good games no matter the console.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hero-Link said:

why? simple... look at the PS3 games library, now look at the Xbox360 library...

just look at them really. RROD are a thing of the past, incase you havent seen, there havent been many RROD's nowadays.

The PS3 is great, no one can deny that. But really, 90% of their games are on the xbox360, and 70% of the xbox360 games on the PS3...

the console that wins this generation in terms of games, is WITHOUT a doubt, the Xbox360.

but dont mind me... i'm a nintendo fanboy, but i ENJOY good games no matter the console.

Don't be an idiot and make up statistics, you clearly have no idea when you just come and reply with your own statistics.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
xDlmaoxD said:
Hero-Link said:

Don't be an idiot and make up statistics, you clearly have no idea when you just come and reply with your own statistics.

oh really? then show me otherwise data, or try looking at the xbox360 games and then at the PS3.

Xbox360 has TONS of exclusives, while the PS3 doesnt have as many.

if you DENY that, your clearly a fanboy myfriend... in your own words, stop being an idiot and look at the games of each console.

oh yes and lets not forget, when did the xbox360 show up? how many years ago? and the PS3? hmmm dont tell me the ps3 has more games that xbox360 after looking at that.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep dreaming, if your too lazy to get the real facts why should I bother doing your work.
The exclusive part, they are equally if not then slightly apart.
Third party games even consider using the PS3 more cause its not hackable.
Well then just stick to your Wii.
I like the 360 and PS3 I don't care which one is better as long as I find games I want on each console I'm happy.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

There are currently 557 (exclusive: 159; non exclusive: 395; console exclusive: 9; trophy support: 224; no trophy support: 231; eventual trophy support: 2)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games
This list does not include Xbox Live Arcade games, which are detailed in their own article. There are currently 698 (exclusive: 113; multiplatform: 510; console exclusive: 75)

wanna keep using wikipedia pages?

also none of these i posted have online shops games.

i'm a fanboy? i dont even neither xbox360 or a PS3!
i enjoy games, nothing more, nothing less.

wikipedia isnt worthy of showing for this type of data, but because you showed it... i had to answer with the same "type of language" wikipedia style!

xDlmaoxD said:
Keep dreaming, if your too lazy to get the real facts why should I bother doing your work.
The exclusive part, they are equally if not then slightly apart.
Third party games even consider using the PS3 more cause its not hackable.
Well then just stick to your Wii.
I like the 360 and PS3 I don't care which one is better as long as I find games I want on each console I'm happy.

i enjoy them both, i never said i didnt. although i dont have any, i can obviously see their both great gaming consoles.

also PC+Wii or Xbox360/PS3+Wii is the best combo, imo
tongue.gif
for me its PC+Wii! i love my computer, now i'm off to play SF4!

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
Most of my friends have sold their ps3's and kept their 360s. All of them, 5 people, kept their ps3's for about 3-4 months and then sold them. However, two maintain theirs for blu ray. I think the only games they have since the system's release is Cod WOW, Killzone 2, MGS, and Little Big Planet. I personally prefer the 360 too. Like, the Wii, IMO, it's just a fun party system and great to play with friends. It's also a social machine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hi