Hacking is 2.1 worth it?

KsAmJ

OP
Trophies
XP
i am sorry to make a thread about that but i need little help from experts
i have a switch with 3.0.1 and as this firmware is not the golden boy i was looking to get a switch with a lower one
i came up facing a switch with 2.1 currently for sale. should i consider this instead of my 3.0.1 for the future coldboot and emunand or i would be still fine on the 3.0.1 although there is no love for it ??

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coldboot for 3.0.1 and below is possible however no one is currently working on it. I would not recommend holding onto a lower firmware console if you're hoping for another coldboot.
cVuMVe0.png

I intend to be fully transparent about this shit, especially going forwards. At present, I'm not aware of any non-RCM means of getting code execution from coldboot. To the best of my knowledge, nobody else is, either.
However, there are warmboots that work up to 4.1 with the ones for 2.0-3.0 potentially being released earlier than the ones for 3.0.1-4.1 because the latter may not have been patched out in 5.X yet

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stayed on 4.1 for a while and I got impatient. Updated to 5.x a couple of weeks ago. I'm having a blast with my switch. I work in IT. I have little patience for "some day you want to be lower than 3.x". If something really cool comes out I'll go find one in a pawn shop. Its xbox 360 all over again. No problem.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm no expert but for what i read being in 3.0.1 is quickly becoming irrelevant for homebrew as more and more projects are moving and working on higher firmwares.
Emunand and Coldboot as for now is pure expeculation. But yeah if coldboot is possible it might be "easier" on lower FW, but frankly things are just moving so fast!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stayed on 4.1 for a while and I got impatient. Updated to 5.x a couple of weeks ago. I'm having a blast with my switch. I work in IT. I have little patience for "some day you want to be lower than 3.x". If something really cool comes out I'll go find one in a pawn shop. Its xbox 360 all over again. No problem.

I'm in the same boat, and besides, the soft method to loading this up isn't even public for 4.1.0 yet anyway (who knows if it will ever be). With all the tumultuous noise about the CFW, people getting banned, battery sync issues, SX OS not working with most emulators, I'm not feeling the hype.

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh god another one...

I'm not one for being annoying or antagonistic but please search first. We don't need a new thread for every ''im on X firmware what should I do'. Just be resourceful!

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still sitting on 3.0.0, waiting for that magic CFW that allows me to spoof to play 5.0.0+ games and warm boot. :D Not even sure if it's worth staying at 3.0.0, because of auto rcm.

Sm0k3r83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in the same boat, and besides, the soft method to loading this up isn't even public for 4.1.0 yet anyway (who knows if it will ever be). With all the tumultuous noise about the CFW, people getting banned, battery sync issues, SX OS not working with most emulators, I'm not feeling the hype.
Just a heads up as of yesterday SX OS v1.1 all the emulators ive tried(snesx9x2010, vba-next, fceumm, gambatte, genesisplusgx, and mame2003, now function properly and run very smooth.

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Yes it will be worth it
By the date of reales of atmosphere we will get a soft mode..next a cold boot
Stay strong bro you waited already so long for this wait a little bit more

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you dont care about the backup loader, its still free for just regular homebrew

True, but I'm on 5.x.x and the method to do it is still a bit risk, and the battery issues, yeah, I don't know.

Yes it will be worth it
Stay strong bro you waited already so long for this wait a little bit more

There will only be a soft method on 4.x.x, 5.x.x users will never get one.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are softmods that work from 1.0 up to 4.1. Only the one for 1.0 has been released so far.

Like I said, 5.x.x softmods will never happen. So really, there's no point in waiting.

He said is 2.1 worth it and i say yes it is..read again

He said 1.1, not 2.1.

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
SX OS version 1.1, what are you talking about? I said that 5.x.x softmods will never happen, 4.x.x softmods aren't even public.
Okey here is my post again
2.1 is worth it because
Plus you can access hbm right now using pegaswitch

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okey here is my post again
2.1 is worth it because
Plus you can access hbm right now using pegaswitch

If I had a 2.x.x console, maybe I'd actually be excited about Switch hacking. But, I don't know. Being on 5.x.x makes it almost not worth me bothering with, I mean sure I can load homebrew, but the process isn't that refined.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol