Hacking IS 10.8 COMING????''????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if they block SD access on boot until X point is reached in the boot process blocking access to the .boot files at a cost of a second or two for the legit owners?

Edit:Since arm9hax users basically have a bricked 3ds without the SD card.

Last edited by TheTrueDream42,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does it matter? An eShop update doesn't mean anything. Plus, it's your fault if you haven't installed a9lh and cry about updating. Updates are almost irrelevant. If you want to be safe, clone sysnand to emunand.bin, update that and inject the CTRNAND partition back to sysnand so a9lh is not even touched.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They might be fixing the eShop's encryption. The mere fact that you can download anything for free and use it with just a few easily obtained numbers means it was broken.
Well, it's kinda late. AFAIK, 3DNUS works the same way.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it matter? An eShop update doesn't mean anything. Plus, it's your fault if you haven't installed a9lh and cry about updating. Updates are almost irrelevant. If you want to be safe, clone sysnand to emunand.bin, update that and inject the CTRNAND partition back to sysnand so a9lh is not even touched.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, it's kinda late. AFAIK, 3DNUS works the same way.
D9 has an inject option to keep a9lh so u don't have to extract any of the emunand partitions. You can just flash a emunand backup to ir

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Done it on 3 diff systems without issue. D9 doesn't get new features unless they have been tested. That why there are test builds and release builds. The release build has the option which means it's been tested.
That wasn't the point. I was saying I, personally, would rather manually do it. I wasn't doubting the tool's work; I've used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1