ROM Hack IPS Patches for Classic NES Series

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I tried them on a SuperCard DS Lite, and couldn't get them to work, either.

SuperCard Slot-2 may just be the suck as far as these go.

Anyone else have any luck? I swear, I'm never going to be able to play Zelda I on my DS -- it doesn't work on NESDS on my EZ Flash Vi, either.

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to apply the patched uses either one of the applications mentioned in this thread in the link- IPSWin or GBATA, but posts also mention that the roms can be trimmed to a smaller size- IPSWin doesn't trim them, and GBATA's "Trim" option is greyed out, (not to mention, IPS patching with GBATA actually made the roms larger in size!).

I'd really like to trim these if I can get them down to 128kb or 256kb. Does anyone know about this?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to apply the patched uses either one of the applications mentioned in this thread in the link- IPSWin or GBATA, but posts also mention that the roms can be trimmed to a smaller size- IPSWin doesn't trim them, and GBATA's "Trim" option is greyed out, (not to mention, IPS patching with GBATA actually made the roms larger in size!).

I'd really like to trim these if I can get them down to 128kb or 256kb. Does anyone know about this?
Use the program Lunar IPS and you're good to go :D

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, LunarIPS worked, but all the games are now 256kb, and none are 128kb and someone said that some files should be 128kb, except Zelda II, it went from 1024kb to 1025kb after IPS patching.

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After trimming, all Classic NES games are 256kb, except Zelda II which is 1mb. Are these the correct file sizes? On an earlier post in this thread, someone said the file sizes after trimming are between 128-256kb.

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to follow up on this, so the correct file sizes after trimming and patching should be 256kb for every Classic NES Series game, except for Zelda II which should be 1mb?

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to follow up on this, so the correct file sizes after trimming and patching should be 256kb for every Classic NES Series game, except for Zelda II which should be 1mb?

Yes, that's correct. :)

EDIT: I just uploaded the IPS zip to File Trip as I couldn't find it under GBA ROM Hacks. Hope that's okay.

sunwinggeddragon

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using EZ-flash IV on my game boy micro, just would like to ask if there are hex codes released to use the in-game sleep on classic nes series? I dont like to patch my roms with sleephack, I've been searching here the whole night and I can't find any HEX or .bat files for these games.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the point of patching? Do they not work good or something?
The classic NES series and some of the later famicom mini games are some of the few GBA titles to have anti piracy (ignoring things like extra hardware the rest of that list sits at some of the Dragon Ball Z titles and maybe Samurai Deeper Kyo).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IPS is an old patching method used by many earlier consoles (and one that got supported in various forms by all sorts of patching programs, emulators and more), it fell flat for some things on the GBA (namely the size is limited to 16 megs where GBA games went up to 32, not such a problem when most GBA games were 16 megs or under) and by the time of the DS it had enough downsides that it was all but useless.

If you just want a program to apply them for GBA games then
http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm

If you want to make them then
http://home.arcor.de/minako.aino/ipsXP/

There are many many other options for this as well.

As for the matter at hand the Classic NES and the later famicom mini games are some of the few games to use anti piracy on the GBA. This thread discusses some of the patches available for them but for the most part I just tell people to put together a copy of pocketnes or HVCA if you are on a GBA as you get lots of nice options for cheats, extra features and whatnot. If you have a DS that can run DS code then absolutely grab nesDS.
If you really must use them then I suggest the second/fixed batch that not so many people are aware of. It is available from filetrip though -- http://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/t...m-mini-fix-patches-filetrip-fixed-f26544.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True it's good eats like uremom
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    shows what you know nobody would ever say that about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    yAawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    eez nuts
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that new prime X flavor and almost gagged in my mouth lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised, with your awesome gag reflexs you have B-)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well for being with your wife for so long I have self control
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    obamna
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    SODA
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Billie needs her lunch