Homebrew iPod Touch games on DS?

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to port "low-graphic" iod Touch games to the DS? I'm talking about one game specifically, called The Creeps.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ipod touch screen can register two touches at any one time, ds can only register one, I don't know about the specs details but with that issue the game must only need one touch at once, so not tap tap or anything like that.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
DeadLocked said:
ipod touch screen can register two touches at any one time, ds can only register one...

Well, sorry, but that's wrong...If you play Hotel Dusk, there's a Scene in witch you have to switch two Switches on, simultaneously. It works without problems...also someone from Nintendo confirmed that two points will work...he said something like:
"Two points work without problems...if there would be more than two points (three, four, etc...) pressed, it will calculate the center of them."

So, maybe, it would be possible, I think...

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Blue-K! Didn't know you were here! Anyways, so I think this is possible.... Now the actual porting is the problem...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any time you hit more than one spot at once, it registers a touch at the midpoint of the two touches. My guess is that Hotel Dusk just checks for a touch in the center of the screen, rather than two touches on the two switches.

In homebrew apps where you have pressure-sensing abilities, you can somewhat fake the detection of multiple touches, but it will never be as good as a touchscreen that actually supports multitouch.

Nevertheless, a port requires sourcecode, a coder, time, and effort. Without those 4 things, you won't see the port anytime soon.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Porting a game between two platforms is incredibly difficult, especially for two handhelds such as the Nintendo DS and iPod Touch. Not only do they use different APIs, but the entire structure is entirely different, as the iPod Touch uses OpenGL, whilst the DS uses it's own methods.

TECstarINC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
ipod touch screen can register two touches at any one time, ds can only register one, I don't know about the specs details but with that issue the game must only need one touch at once, so not tap tap or anything like that.

NOT .. i repeat ... NOT true

ipod and ds are both dual touch touchscreens
wich should make it possible, but i dont know if the software is even near convertable

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that there was some library made based off that demo that is probably a bit more robust, can't remember the name though.

x-mah-D

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mLib was the multi-touch library i belive.
It would be really hard, if anyone wants it i could ssh into my ipod and get the graphics (i never seen this game before)
Its hard to do that's for sure, but if you can get a good programer then its possible but it would take months if you ask me
+ they could sue if they so desire

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, the ipod touch has better graphics, i wish nintendo would work on those
tongue.gif

player1244

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
xxRAG3 said:
tongue.gif

I wanted that was not true
wacko.gif

But this are the nice games that i have on my flashcart:

Trackmania DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, and... currently i don't have more 3D DS games... but this games are already nice games.
But i hope DSi has better graphics
yaynds.gif

I don't have an iPod Touch, because it's too expensive. So i don't know how the graphics are. The games of the DS are nice, but i don't know how nice iPod Touch'es games are.

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
xxRAG3 said:
tongue.gif

also, the psp has better graphics, i wish nintendo would work on those
tongue.gif

QUOTE(player1244 @ Mar 31 2009, 07:35 PM) But i hope DSi has better graphics
yaynds.gif
It doesn't. Proven ages ago. On this website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8