Apple Ipod Touch 3rd Generation Jailbreak

Dragoonchoco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I jailbroke my ipod 3rd generation with blackra1n. I got a lot of apps and stuff and everything works but when I turn off the ipod; when I turn back on the Ipod, it goes to recovery mode. I know how to fix it (run blackra1n again) but is there another way because I have to do it on my computer and sometimes I don't have my laptop with me.

Thanks

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No there is no other way.
Cronic Devteam (greenpoison) said to have a solution but they still did not release it.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
All iPod Touch 3G Jailbreaks are Tethered, meaning if you turn it off you will have to connect it to iTunes and Jailbreak it again; Just leave it on standby as it consumes next to nothing power.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Use redsn0w. If you're silly enough to turn it off again (seriously, people should actually read about what they do before using stupid noob friendly one click Jailbreak things, back in the day we had to make our own IPSWs, get in DFU mode and restore the custom firmware ourselves) redsn0w can boot it back up just as it was before you turned it off.

Shit's too easy these days, but there seem to be more complaints.

anime4ever said:
No there is no other way.
Cronic Devteam (greenpoison) said to have a solution but they still did not release it.

Either it's more lies OR they're waiting for the next iPhone to come out. When the iPod 2G came out I think the dev team didn't release the untethered hack because they were expecting the 3GS to use the same stuff (bootrom I think?) and when the 3GS came out, the exploit for the 2G worked on it. If there is an exploit for untethered iPod Touch 3G, it would be a bad idea to release it because that would allow Apple to change the bootrom on the next iPhone, and the exploit would be fixed.

I think so anyway, I may have models and names mixed up but the general idea is that the exploit might work for the next device, so keep it unreleased until that next device is uh, released.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
ShatteredScreens said:
Use redsn0w. If you're silly enough to turn it off again (seriously, people should actually read about what they do before using stupid noob friendly one click Jailbreak things, back in the day we had to make our own IPSWs, get in DFU mode and restore the custom firmware ourselves) redsn0w can boot it back up just as it was before you turned it off.

Shit's too easy these days, but there seem to be more complaints.

Completly agree on that.

People get it served on silver plates, one click solutions and the easier it gets, the more complains you get or how do i do it questions.
Same for the hardware stuff, in my days we payed a fortune compared to now, but there where only a few serious complains
(Think of all the bad HW some SNES copiers where made, the faulty ones i got and the hassle to return it or get a refund (ok, refund was not common back then))
If i look at my jailbroken iPod, i can only say, damned so easy, where's the fun at doing the hack :/

Ah well everything is gotten to mainstream today, gotta live with it
smile.gif
RTFM was a respectfull somhow rude manner to let ppl know to read before ask, RTFM now means nothing to ppl anymore :/
You get laught in your face now when saying it, or get some rude not so nice words thrown at your face.

Anyway, on topic:
Live with it i will say till a better noob friendly solution is found:D

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, b1ackrain is horrible, and every FAQ should have told you (warned you) about that it does that. I would scrap the 3Gen, and go with the 2Gen, I've had mine for almost a year now, and works wonders, 3.1.3 Jailbroken. Greatest micro-computer for college.

Wynd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1