Apple iPhone dilemma

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me?

So basically I'm planning to upgrade my PC to Windows Vista (I can't go for 7 as my laptop won't support it...) and I got my iPhone 4 synced up on my laptop with Windows XP. I got a few questions:

1) Let's say I have already re-formatted my laptop. If I sync my iPhone, will it be recognized as a new device or not?

2) If yes, then how can I backup my contacts and photos from my iPhone? Also, how will I be able to import them to the iPhone after re-formatting?

Thanks...

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes itll be recognized as a new device.
If you authorize your computer with your iTunes account you SHOULDNT have to reformat the iPod

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Blastoise said:
Yes itll be recognized as a new device.
If you authorize your computer with your iTunes account you SHOULDNT have to reformat the iPod
So if I de-authorise before formatting THEN authorise it again it should be fine?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
^yes. exactly...

you meant formatting the computer, right?
Yeah.

Does anyone know a way to back up or export my contacts, messages and photos from iPhone?

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go to itunes, right click on your iphone and click backup. Now you need to backup your itunes library to an external hard drive and when you format your computer, copy the itunes library back to your computer and you can restore your stuff back.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wilabob said:
Go to itunes, right click on your iphone and click backup. Now you need to backup your itunes library to an external hard drive and when you format your computer, copy the itunes library back to your computer and you can restore your stuff back.
I have 2 partitions on my hard drive (1 for system and 1 for documents). I'm only planning to re-format the system partition. Am I right by saying that, if I delete the iTunes folder in the other partition, I'll lose the backup?

Also, if I keep the iTunes folder, will the iTunes after re-installing recognise the iPhone as new or not? Because I've reformatted before and after reformatting, when I launch iTunes, my settings and library are kept intact.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wilabob said:
As long as you keep the itunes folder you're comp will recognize it as it was before (not new)
Alright. Thanks
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers