Apple iPad for Gaming?

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont listen to anyone!! if u can afford it get it. the ipod touch is cool too but get the ipad if u got the money. u will find cool shit on the app store thats free. i stopped using my mac laptop for internet and email and stuff when i got my ipod touch. so if u get the ipad u might stop using computers altogether and just use the ipad and u will want to start using it for more than just games. so get it if u can afford it. and then get like $50 of credit from the itunes store to buy apps. a lot of stuff is free or $2. some stuff is $5 or more. i spent like $50 so far and got like $25 left in credit. but i dont know what i will get. all the stuff that i wanted the last few days cost $0 from the app store

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
nutella said:
If you're interested in the iPad, there really aren't many other devices I could tell you of to persuade you otherwise. Maybe a few Android tablets but if you aren't interested in Android then it's really a choice between say the iPad and the iPod Touch. Obviously the iPod's for portability and the iPad's for home use. Personally, I would wait for the second generation. Even if you aren't interested in the next generation, the current generation's price will drop.
He is wanting an iPad for gaming, android has hardly no games.

If I could, I would get a iPad for World of Goo alone.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another very good game for iPad (and iPod touch?) is Land Sea Air Warfare HD.
It usually takes me around an hour to finish one match. Here's a video:

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
nutella said:
If you're interested in the iPad, there really aren't many other devices I could tell you of to persuade you otherwise. Maybe a few Android tablets but if you aren't interested in Android then it's really a choice between say the iPad and the iPod Touch. Obviously the iPod's for portability and the iPad's for home use. Personally, I would wait for the second generation. Even if you aren't interested in the next generation, the current generation's price will drop.
He is wanting an iPad for gaming, android has hardly no games.

If I could, I would get a iPad for World of Goo alone.
Which is why I said that what it boils down to is software more than anything else. Some are fine with the Android Marketplace and if so, it could be a better option if you want something cheaper. Bottom line is it depends on the software an how he'll use it. I don't know if this guy moves around a lot but if he does, the iPad is a lot more cumbersome to bring around than it looks. To each their own though. I think it's pretty good for casual couch gaming.

Slave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Man that iPad music game looks REALLY awesome...

and that LSAW game... THATS what I'm talking about... RTS on the iPad! I saw a video of a dude playing a hack of Starcraft on iPad... Made me drool so much... now I read about it and it turned out the dude simply used a remote PC app and played SC on his computer remotely on the ipad... which kinda suck if you ask me, would love to have the game on the ipad... but the idea of playing RTS games on ipad... just awesome... I know about command and conquer on it... but I dunno much if there's more of those?

I love RTS, Shmups, music games & tower defense mostly. which are the best ones of those types of games?

Oh and Yeah trust me I checked for Androids tablets... for half... even a third of the ipad's price... I did checked A LOT about android tablets... I saw a few good looking ones... but to be frank, it all came down to gaming... I'm not much into web browsing... I have a desktop PC for that... and maybe some wifi maybe if I'm at a resto with wifi... but.. Im mostly there to eat and GTFO. ebooks? I like to read on paper... beside my mails and some forums, I dont read on a computer... so it came back to gaming... and Android gaming... bleh... I checked all the games... and it came down to... Gameloft... all the "good" games are gameloft... and to be honest.. its not super appealing... sure... ok... asphalt, nova and that war game... but afterward... kinda suck really...

So last night I went to an Apple store... checking out in hands the iPad... te seller didnt know shit about the product... I was expecting the dude to know about the ipad and actually give me a convincing sale pitch... which he didnt "oh ipad... does internet browsing... and hum... videos... and... did you know you can write text too?" and he left... *sigh*

So then I went and check the ipod touch... just to have a feel... and yeah... I really dont like the size of it... its wayyyyy too small for my taste... ipad is kinda big... but itouch is way too small... I saw the Samsung Galaxy tablet and this would be just PERFECT size... but then again its android, and you cant buy the tablet unless you take a 3yr plan with a phone company... or pay 700$ with no plan which is actually higher than the ipad... WTF?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slave said:
Oh and Yeah trust me I checked for Androids tablets... for half... even a third of the ipad's price... I did checked A LOT about android tablets... I saw a few good looking ones... but to be frank, it all came down to gaming... I'm not much into web browsing... I have a desktop PC for that... and maybe some wifi maybe if I'm at a resto with wifi... but.. Im mostly there to eat and GTFO. ebooks? I like to read on paper... beside my mails and some forums, I dont read on a computer... so it came back to gaming... and Android gaming... bleh... I checked all the games... and it came down to... Gameloft... all the "good" games are gameloft... and to be honest.. its not super appealing... sure... ok... asphalt, nova and that war game... but afterward... kinda suck really...
In that case, it's either a choice of getting it now or waiting 2 months or so for the next gen. Depends how desperate you are. Either way, you will be satisfied.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nutella said:
Slave said:
In that case, it's either a choice of getting it now or waiting 2 months or so for the next gen. Depends how desperate you are. Either way, you will be satisfied.
Exactly. There will be an update to the iPad in a short time, so wait. The gaming experience will be better as the RAM will be upgraded. The CPU may also be upgraded, but don't keep your hope on that. A front facing camera will also most likely be added due to the advent of Apple's Facetime.

A rumor is circulating of an iPad model that is 7 inches, which would lie around the size of the NOOK color and Galaxy Tab.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1