iOS Untethered Jailbreak

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Damn I give up. I want to install Siri for my iPhone 4 now.

But I still don't get how to create that proxy with spire thingy

HaniKazmi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm kind of new to jailbreaking. I'm a tech guy, but jailbreaking isn't my knowledgeable area, so I apologize if this is has an obvious answer, but right now, I'm using iOS 4.3.1 and would like to update to 5.0.1 using this untethered jailbreak.

Would I have to restore my iPod? Also, is there a way to back up an entire iPod (music, apps and their savedata, cydia apps, etc) all at once in an easy method that is would be easy to restore my iPod back to? iTunes no longer works for me, so if there's a method that doesn't require iTunes, that'd be great!

Cheers to the new jailbreak!

iTunes is pretty much the only way to backup the data, short of copying all of the necessary files manually and one by one.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, one last clarification. I'm currently on 4.3.3 (8J3) -which I'm assuming the 8J3 is the jailbreak. Should I just update to 5.0.1 official through iTunes, then perform the jailbreak? Or is there another way to update that might be considered safer?

HaniKazmi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, one last clarification. I'm currently on 4.3.3 (8J3) -which I'm assuming the 8J3 is the jailbreak. Should I just update to 5.0.1 official through iTunes, then perform the jailbreak? Or is there another way to update that might be considered safer?
That'll work fine, although you'll lose all cydia tweaks.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That'll work fine, although you'll lose all cydia tweaks.

I'll write down what I have before I do it then. That way once I have it back I'll just reinstall. Do Cydia based apps uninstall (like emulators) or just the tweaks? I think the only major one I had was SBSettings. Thanks for the help!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in half a mind whether to bother jailbreaking anymore :unsure:
I feel the same way at this point. I'm annoyed enough that it's a pain in the ass for me to switch between two installs of iTunes. I don't want to add jailbreaking back into the mix considering how little I use it at this point.

Reactions: 1 person

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if im already jailbroken, is there a certain way to upgrade or do i just do it like i would if my phone was not jailbroken?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC