Introducing the Newest Variant of the FC30 - the NES30!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They updated the connector port to Micro USB.. Of the convenience it would have brought if I had waited a few days :(

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you connect the Sixaxis/Dualshock to an iOS device?

Unless iOS7's gamepad support radically changed things, you need a jailbroken device and Blutrol, which costs $6 I think but works with a plethora of controllers. Even then I kept getting bizarre response issues rendering the whole setup next to useless.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A friend of mine and I own the fc30.
Nothing like the Original in terms of "feeling".
mine broke after several weeks
I Will never something like this again.

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Has anyone found a place to buy the NES-30 version yet? I've read the build-quality of the FC-30 was quite horrendous so I'll wait 'till some reviews arrive before picking this one up.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have my unit on hand. It's really really nice and is a definite upgrade in comparison to the FC30. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have my unit on hand. It's really really nice and is a definite upgrade in comparison to the FC30. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Only question I have is if there's somewhere I can purchase it that doesn't happen to be aliexpress.
All links on the official site still only link to FC30 models, except for the eBay link which only provides a search for their store name.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only question I have is if there's somewhere I can purchase it that doesn't happen to be aliexpress.
All links on the official site still only link to FC30 models, except for the eBay link which only provides a search for their store name.

That's actually a really good question. I'll be sure to ask them that when I send the review link to them. If I get a better answer I will let you know.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wound up purchasing from a company called "Supreme Equipment Company Inc.".
It arrived quickly, and is indeed the correct model, not the FC30.

The controller itself feels just like the original NES controller, although the D-pad and buttons are a bit stiffer. Hoping they will loosen up a bit, but it really isn't that different of a feeling.

Those who use a phone case and are worried that the stand won't accommodate their phone, I use a Galaxy S4 with an Otterbox Defender and my phone fits well enough to not fall over.

I was able to test it out with a few games, and I'm surprised by how well it worked. Easy to pair, and detected by every emulator I tested. Note that there is a small but noticeable input delay when working over Bluetooth. it's only 1 or 2 frames but games like Street Fighter will suffer more than others. I haven't tested any touch-only games, but it does have the ability to emulate touchscreen presses using an app available on the official site. If you've used a JXD device before, you know what the app can do.

Upgraded the firmware as well. Unsure if I had to, but it never hurts to be up to date. The process was simple, although you do need to connect the pad in a specific way (holding L+R+Start to power on before connecting via USB).

I'm very pleased with the controller, as I now have a capable mobile controller that can fit in my pocket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu