Hacking intersting finding in LOZ:ALBW save issue

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its nothing to do with the different console, its to do with the version on the console, even though EmuNAND is 6.3, its still running through 4.x, so its using the old KeyY method, where as a legit 6.3 system is using the new KeyY method, which involves new flags and a totally different keyY crypto, If you played and saved on a EmuNAND, you could play that cart on any other 3DS via emuNAND fine, however it wont play on a legit 6.3 system as it expects the new Crypto, which isnt there, Vice versa if its been played and saved on a 6.3 3DS, it wont ever run via EmuNAND, but will play fine on any other 6.3 system fine, the EmuNAND is in fact really your original system version masquarading as the newest firmware

miniake

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Why don't you guys just try pressing the power button for a few seconds?

It will 100% close that game you are playing with.

After that you can just press home to exit to main menu without really shut down your 3DS.

Drag0ncl0ud

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this same problem now and I was wondering if anyone has found anything new. I found that even creating a GW save file for ALBW at all will erase the cartridge save the next time I load it in. I was lucky to have backed up my old game save but strangely, restoring it to the cartridge only works after I upgrade the system nand to 6.2. I would like to be able to load my save game in and play it with the Gateway card.

Drag0ncl0ud

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have only used original games so far. Some of them have worked, but ALBW, and OOT 3D are both not cooperating with importing save files. They both just load empty save slots even when I replace them with my backed up save game. ALBW is the only one that is deleting the cartridge save though.

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this same problem now and I was wondering if anyone has found anything new. I found that even creating a GW save file for ALBW at all will erase the cartridge save the next time I load it in. I was lucky to have backed up my old game save but strangely, restoring it to the cartridge only works after I upgrade the system nand to 6.2. I would like to be able to load my save game in and play it with the Gateway card.

Way to necro a post from fucking 2013. If you create a save with the new save encryption key then using it on a FW that uses the old key will cause it to be erased and vice versa. Just update your 3DS to a FW that is above 6.2 and then you'll have the new key and be able to use your saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la