Interesting things about Metroid

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your very first post accused DYKG of "plagiarizing"... You see, accusing someone of "plagiarizing" insinuates that someone owns the information being plagiarized... otherwise there's nothing to be plagiarized.

All your posts here basically amount to "I'm not saying TCRF owns information and DYKG is stealing, but.... TCRF owns information and DYKG is stealing." Just because you word it differently or use more technical terms doesn't mean that's not what you're saying.

That said, I do agree with you on the bit about being charitable to TCRF. DYKG isn't obligated, but it would certainly be nice and beneficial if it did. I know I certainly would if I was in DYKG's position.
What DYKG is plagiarizing is not the information, but the exact words of the person summarizing the findings, the research-itself--without giving due credit. That is an entirely different substance than the information-itself, the "fact" you say is being reappropriated (and reading mine saying this unfair, or some other lot).

The information is freely accessible to those with the means to gain it. However, DYKG's author takes the shortcut by lifting the research and viewpoints of others, often times directly (thus plagiarizing)--and that has been my main cue in my posts here. I don't think the information being expressed is of relevance--it is the work of others that is being unduly taken, without charitable measure nor regards verifying said-information. Regardless of the ethical standpoint of DYKG, it paints a desperate and haphazard picture of how DYKG regards its information in the first place.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What DYKG is plagiarizing is not the information, but the exact words of the person summarizing the findings, the research-itself--without giving due credit. That is an entirely different substance than the information-itself, the "fact" you say is being reappropriated (and reading mine saying this unfair, or some other lot).

The information is freely accessible to those with the means to gain it. However, DYKG's author takes the shortcut by lifting the research and viewpoints of others, often times directly (thus plagiarizing)--and that has been my main cue in my posts here. I don't think the information being expressed is of relevance--it is the work of others that is being unduly taken, without charitable measure nor regards verifying said-information. Regardless of the ethical standpoint of DYKG, it paints a desperate and haphazard picture of how DYKG regards its information in the first place.
I see what you mean, now. And I agree.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone find a lawyer so he can talk to all these lawyers in the Temp about plagarizing? Because i don't give a shit.
watch_out__we_got_a_badass_over_here_by_deadwoodpete83-d504d72.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one