• Views 139,965
  • Replies 447
  • Likes 1

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Yep. Definitely your solder work. Pads have enough space between each other imho ofc.
I know how to solder and have a microscope dude. The issue are the people who will get screwed soldering not knowing this.

The cracked solder mask exposes the ground at the edge which could easily short.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you don't need much solder for such small pads,tiny bit is enough.
if not confident enough,maybe solder mask around the pad to be sure.
to be honest,i follow this crap with modchips from the xbox original era,never saw this,think the quality isn't that good to be honest,think best is to be cautious when soldering wires on the pads,no other solution.

Kirizame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Decided to order one. Apologies if it's against the rules to ask, but does anyone know any Australia-based modders that would be able to install it? Otherwise once it arrives I'll ask around my local repair shops and see if anyone is happy to take it on.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Decided to order one. Apologies if it's against the rules to ask, but does anyone know any Australia-based modders that would be able to install it? Otherwise once it arrives I'll ask around my local repair shops and see if anyone is happy to take it on.
depends on where about in australia - I know a guy in QLD who might, and I might in the future, but I have a rule of thumb, I wont mod others consoles until I do it to my own first

Kirizame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
depends on where about in australia - I know a guy in QLD who might, and I might in the future, but I have a rule of thumb, I wont mod others consoles until I do it to my own first
VIC, I have no issue sending within Australia. Just not a fan of posting overseas however. ^^;

RedMilan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
sthetix said that the black flex PCB for ABCD 3.3v points can cause interference and console refused to boot into OFW sysMMC. so soldered the points all single.
But it seems the seller has improved 'new' flex cable and fixed the issue Hynix not booting into OFW. Can any one confirm this?

Siktah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
VIC, I have no issue sending within Australia. Just not a fan of posting overseas however. ^^;
I'm the QLD guy Adran mentioned - Surprised after all these years I haven't got an account here. I mainly lurk on reddit or discord. Siktah#9962 on discord if you are interested.

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Kirizame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm the QLD guy Adran mentioned - Surprised after all these years I haven't got an account here. I mainly lurk on reddit or discord. Siktah#9962 on discord if you are interested.
Thanks! I'll be in touch once it comes in. Chose Aliexpress shipping since DHL was an extra 50 so it might be awhile.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
sthetix said that the black flex PCB for ABCD 3.3v points can cause interference and console refused to boot into OFW sysMMC. so soldered the points all single.
But it seems the seller has improved 'new' flex cable and fixed the issue Hynix not booting into OFW. Can any one confirm this?
I will message him later, but I just checked his taobao page and his stock of these chips was pulled. I don't blame him for doing so instead of dealing with a lot angry customers.

ranma99vn

Trophies
XP
Country
@Adran_Marit @Kirizame u both from Australia so am i, im from NSW it not that hard to do it urself all u need a decent soldering iron dont be like me do with ts100 and my tip the head is hard to get the solder to stick to the D point, but got it to work in the end thanks doom95 point out and alot ppl recommend dont reflow the dat0 just use the 4 anchor points to hold it down really only 3 u can use

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Adran_Marit @Kirizame u both from Australia so am i, im from NSW it not that hard to do it urself all u need a decent soldering iron dont be like me do with ts100 and my tip the head is hard to get the solder to stick to the D point, but got it to work in the end thanks doom95 point out and alot ppl recommend dont reflow the dat0 just use the 4 anchor points to hold it down really only 3 u can use
ts100 is more than capable, I recently order a bunch of new tips for mine, including one that was recommended for doing this exact job

Kirizame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've tried soldering before and I'm not that great at it. I'd honestly rather just pay for someone capable to do it than risk messing up my OLED. ^^;

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
a switch isn't really dificult to mod,but you need atleast the basic skills and some decent equipment,good soldering station,hotair if you wanna reflow the nand and a scope,also multimeter,without it will be difficult,i learned soldering on a job i did in the past,and also see video's from voultar-gadgetuk164 and other guys too learn techniques and try on old broken boards till i get it how it worked,so now i mod all my own consoles,its so fun todo it myself.

Last edited by fille,
Reactions: ranma99vn

ranma99vn

Trophies
XP
Country
a switch isn't really dificult to mod,but you need atleast the basic skills and some decent equipment,good soldering station,hotair if you wanna reflow the nand and a scope,also multimeter,without it will be difficult,i learned soldering on a job a did in the past,and also see video's from voultar-gadgetuk164 and other guys too learn techniques and try on old broken boards till i get it how it worked,so now i mod all my own consoles,its so fun todo it myself.
Yes exciting the is the feeling, cos me 350$ Aus to get the cheap scope and a refow station, i will practice on the hot air till the Dat0 fail in the future. When i did the mod first time ever on the oled the hardest out of them all just realized how small those component are. i do lots of LED light feature lighting for my job as a electrican thought i got what it take for it ohhh boy how wrong i was comepare the LED pad to the oled of the switch components

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wait till you see the pitch of soldering a flex for ps1digital,if you never soldered so small,best is to test on a broken board,there you practice on till you got the technique to solder small area's,then begin modding a switch,but i see it all over the place,people with almost no soldering expirience want to solder project stellar for xbox-pixelFx mods ect...,its kinda dumb,you just kill your console,thats my thoughts,it isn't a 30$ console where you work on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock