Hacking Installing Netflix to the NAND or SD?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Luriden said:
Unfortunately, none of those loaders seem to support SD, or at least not from the looks of it in Crap. So basically, the only way to have a working Netflix channel loading from SD is if the SD is in WBFS format instead of FAT or NTFS?

I guess you can pass arguments to force cfg. usb loader to sd but I've never tried. It should definitely work.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMAG0019.jpg

I selected "Configurable USB Loader Direct" in Crap. Netflix loads up fine for me using the channel.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Sure, we have no problem loading it through the USB loader, but seeing as it's only a 25 MB WBFS file, it'd be much more convenient to install the disc content to NAND or SD for channel loading rather than relying on having the USB HDD plugged in.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm doing it incorrectly but I cannot get it to work with CustomizeMii.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge with CustomizeMii can get Netflix to work then post instructions.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I've made a few quick tests with wad manager iso on sd card... so how it goes..

In Crap, select the loader as Configurable Usb Loader (nointro)... select FAT1 for partition...
then add device=sdhc to the extra parameters section so that it looks like
partition=FAT1 device=sdhc

then it will be launched correctly...

ps: so is this of any use?

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:

In Crap, select the loader as Configurable Usb Loader (nointro)... select FAT1 for partition...

This worked for me. Thanks!

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:

Do I put the netflix.iso file on the root of the sd card or do I create a new directory?
Will I need to get a version of Configurable USB Loader that supports FAT or will my WBFS version work?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
harmor said:
WiiCrazy said:

Do I put the netflix.iso file on the root of the sd card or do I create a new directory?
Will I need to get a version of Configurable USB Loader that supports FAT or will my WBFS version work?

Above method is to launch the game from sd card formatted as fat... If you have wbfs then you can use almost all loaders bundled with Crap.. You can use various wbfs tools out there to transfer the game to your harddisk / sd card and so on... Copying the iso to the root of the media will simply not work...

If you want to launch it from sd card yes you also need to install configurable usb loader.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Can I get a bit more advice from you WiiCrazy?

I've done the steps you described above FAT1 and device=sdhc as well as installed Configurable USB Loader. My issue now is that when I launch the CRAP made channel, it opens up CUSBL and tries to mount the USB HDD instead of the SDHC. I've even tried using the Configurator but can't get it to mount SDHC.

For the record, I'm using a FAT partitioned SD card with sd:/wbfs/SNTEXN.wbfs

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:

I've done the steps you described above FAT1 and device=sdhc as well as installed Configurable USB Loader. My issue now is that when I launch the CRAP made channel, it opens up CUSBL and tries to mount the USB HDD instead of the SDHC. I've even tried using the Configurator but can't get it to mount SDHC.

This may or may not help you, but I'll run step by step through what I did to get it working:

1. Put the Netflix WBFS file on my FAT formatted SD card in driveletter:/wbfs/Netflix [SNTEXN]/SNTEXN.wbfs
2. With the SD card still in my PC, load up CRAP (the latest that WiiCrazy linked to) and load up the WBFS file from the SD card (not your PC's hard drive, it needs to be selected from the SD card in the exact directory you plan on loading it from on the Wii I'm assuming)
3. Selected Configurable USB Loader (no intro)
4. Chose FAT1
5. typed in "device=sdhc" into the extra parameters field, that should be the ONLY thing you have there
6. That's all, click create channel
7. I used test channel to install over Wifi with the Homebrew Channel, but you can install it with WAD Manager too I'm sure. I had my SD card in my computer still when I installed this, but that shouldn't matter
8. Restarted Wii, put in SD card, loaded the channel and it loaded perfectly.
9. My USB hard drive wasn't even plugged in at the time, so I know it loaded from SD, not USB. However, I did load Netflix from USB last night, created the save file for it and set up my account. This probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but you never know.

What did you use to convert the Netflix ISO to WBFS? I used Wii Backup Manager, as I had it converted to WBFS and put on my hard drive first, then as an afterthought I dragged it over from my hard drive and put it on the SD card. Maybe your WBFS image wasn't made correctly?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooter_seh said:
Is it possible to make a .dol that will launch it straight from the homebrew menu?
I tried that.
I extracted "main.dol" from the Netflix ISO and renamed it "boot.dol"
I made a folder within "apps" on the SD card and placed boot.dol into the the folder.

All I get is a black screen when I launch Netflix.

Edit:
I'll have to use another loader or format a small partition of my SD card to WBFS.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
loesjoel said:

This may or may not help you, but I'll run step by step through what I did to get it working:

1. Put the Netflix WBFS file on my FAT formatted SD card in driveletter:/wbfs/Netflix [SNTEXN]/SNTEXN.wbfs
2. With the SD card still in my PC, load up CRAP (the latest that WiiCrazy linked to) and load up the WBFS file from the SD card (not your PC's hard drive, it needs to be selected from the SD card in the exact directory you plan on loading it from on the Wii I'm assuming)
4. Chose FAT1
5. typed in "device=sdhc" into the extra parameters field, that should be the ONLY thing you have there
7. I used test channel to install over Wifi with the Homebrew Channel, but you can install it with WAD Manager too I'm sure. I had my SD card in my computer still when I installed this, but that shouldn't matter
9. My USB hard drive wasn't even plugged in at the time, so I know it loaded from SD, not USB. However, I did load Netflix from USB last night, created the save file for it and set up my account. This probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but you never know.

What did you use to convert the Netflix ISO to WBFS? I used Wii Backup Manager, as I had it converted to WBFS and put on my hard drive first, then as an afterthought I dragged it over from my hard drive and put it on the SD card. Maybe your WBFS image wasn't made correctly?
Nope, not quite there yet. I tried doing this same thing (except that my WBFS was in sd:/wbfs/SNTEXN.wbfs), but still when I launch the channel, it opens up the USB loader which spends 30 seconds trying to mount the USB HDD. Could this be an issue with my config.txt on the SD card? If so, could you post yours?

I made my WBFS with Wii Game Manager, though since the loader is trying to mount the HDD, I doubt the issue is with the WBFS.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
Luriden said:
loesjoel said:

4. Chose FAT1

Nope, not quite there yet. I tried doing this same thing (except that my WBFS was in sd:/wbfs/SNTEXN.wbfs), but still when I launch the channel, it opens up the USB loader which spends 30 seconds trying to mount the USB HDD. Could this be an issue with my config.txt on the SD card? If so, could you post yours?

I made my WBFS with Wii Game Manager, though since the loader is trying to mount the HDD, I doubt the issue is with the WBFS.

I don't think that has anything to do with the config.txt. This sounds like an error in the Crap channel creation, really. It's still trying to load from the HDD, and it shouldn't be. Check your settings one more time, and maybe someone else can tell you where to go from there, I'm not too sure.

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never got it working on my SDHC card. What I did was, I have a 1.5TB Seagate Freeagent drive with a 200GB FAT32 partition and the rest of it is an NTFS partition for the wii games. I put the Netflix iso/wbfs file on the FAT32 partition and it's running great from there. Maybe I'll give it another go. I tried the steps Luriden posted, but it didn't work for some reason. It also works on my Verbatim 8GB thumb drive I use for Triiforce.

samela

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem as loesjoel
I have cfg usb loader v55, my usb HD is wbfs formatted

my SD card is FAT32
first of all, I wasnt sure which one to pick, Conf. USB loader direct FAT or Conf. USB loader direct

Conf. USB loader direct FAT doesn't give the option to say device=sdhc, when I load it it says
FAT32 mount: SD (good..)
[usb mass storage device] (noo...)
1, 2, 3, ... timeout
error -1
make sure usb port 0 is used (blah, its looking for my HD)

Conf. USB loader direct
same thing

Configurable forwarder (no intro) with partition=FAT1 device=sdhc
auto start game: SNTEXN not found

I noticed my config.txt file for my usbloader had device = USB in it, so I changed it to ask instead, but that didnt seem to do anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol