Homebrew Installing GBA Cia VC game

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use NINJHAX 1.0 since 2.0 is ONLY homebrew and for 9.3+
What kind of menu should u get after running Pasta CFW? should it say so in settings?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do I need to use pasta CFW configurator btw? I didn't do this..

Am using ninja hax 1.1b

Says:You should now land on the home menu, with signatures patched !

Which it did, atleast land on home menu that is.. not sure if this signature thing or cfw... settings says nothing out of ordinary.

If I am really in Pasta cFW sysnand mode...
I run ninjahax again and run FBI to install the needed cia's?

I got install failed!
N3DS AGB_FIRM_Patched.cia
SOurce: SOurce_app_write_Cia (0x6)
Module: MOdule_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: Level_status (0x19)
Summary: Summary_Invalid Argument (0x7)
Description: (Unknown) (0x1)
Press start to continue.

D

Deleted User

I do it like in this youtube video but I keep getting errors:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...d-on-old-and-new-3ds-required-ninjhax.388925/

No matter if install to SD or NAND via FBI....
I'm not sure if you're listening to me. I told you to install devmenu in sysnand. With PastaCFW you'll be able to run unsigned content like devmenu and stuff.

The reason he used FBI in Homebrew Menu was because most people who use NINJHAX doesn't have Gateway and aren't able to install cia installers without this way.

Since i see you don't know how to use FBI, use devmenu instead since it picks the right destination automatically.
It's not good to install stuff that should go to SD card onto NAND.

Last edited by ,

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
  1. Start the Homebrew Launcher through Cubic Ninja
  2. Run Pasta CFW
  3. Repeat step 1 (yes, I'm serious)
  4. Run FBI.
  5. Install any CIA you want.
PS: There are no actual custom firmwares for the 3DS, at least not yet. The programs that slap "CFW" in their title or description just apply temporary patches to the official firmware. You don't actually install anything. "CFW" sounds cooler than "Temporary Signature Patcher"

D

Deleted User

2. Run Pasta CFW
  4. Run FBI.
PS: There are no actual custom firmwares for the 3DS, at least not yet. The programs that slap "CFW" in their title or description just apply temporary patches to the official firmware. You don't actually install anything. "CFW" sounds cooler than "Temporary Signature Patcher"
He have Gateway and he can just install Devmenu in sysnand, so step 3 and 4 wouldn't be necessary if he actually listened to me.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure if you're listening to me. I told you to install devmenu in sysnand. With PastaCFW you'll be able to run unsigned content like devmenu and stuff.

The reason he used FBI in Homebrew Menu was because most people who use NINJHAX doesn't have Gateway and aren't able to install cia installers without this way.

Since i see you don't know how to use FBI, use devmenu instead since it picks the right destination automatically.
It's not good to install stuff that should go to SD card onto NAND.

Well nonetheless shouldn't it work.??! in the video he did SD card, and it worked for him. For me neither work..

How do I install devmenu on sysnand? I bootup gatewayin sysnand mode, then when I put in my cubic ninja it isn't recognized?! So I can't run Pasta.. (afterwards id press select and press devmenu to install devmenu?)

2. Run Pasta CFW
  4. Run FBI.

Thanks yes I got that figured out.
But I get errors eventhough I EXACTLY do what you are saying upon installing a cia..

D

Deleted User

What? Sorry, I wasn't listening. :huh:
I was trying to help him, but he's not really listening to what i'm trying to
Well nonetheless shouldn't it work.??! in the video he did SD card, and it worked for him. For me neither work..

How do I install devmenu on sysnand? I bootup gatewayin sysnand mode, then when I put in my cubic ninja it isn't recognized?! So I can't run Pasta.. (afterwards id press select and press devmenu to install devmenu?)

Thanks yes I got that figured out.
But I get errors eventhough I EXACTLY do what you are saying upon installing a cia..
Do this if sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked.
On your SD card, go to Nintendo 3DS\(numbers)\(more numbers)\ create a folder called dbs and make an empty file named title.db or import.db, then put the SD card back into your 3DS.

Go to System Settings and data management, then go to 3DS titles. It will say something with corrupt or anything asking if you want to fix it. Say yes or anything and then it should work to install the cia.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was trying to help him, but he's not really listening to what i'm trying to

Do this if sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked.
On your SD card, go to Nintendo 3DS\(numbers)\(more numbers)\ create a folder called dbs and make an empty file named title.db or import.db, then put the SD card back into your 3DS.

Go to System Settings and data management, then go to 3DS titles. It will say something with corrupt or anything asking if you want to fix it. Say yes or anything and then it should work to install the cia.

ERm.. if I go to data management Illl wipe all my installed cia's and installed dlc and updates.. I don't want that.. ?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If your 3DS emunand and sysnand are unlinked i ment.
How do I know if they are?
And still. I don't want to wipe all my content..

If your 3DS emunand and sysnand are unlinked i ment.
Also I got 2 folders with numbers. one already had these files you are speaking of, 3 mb each.
The other numbers folders only had extdata folder. and no dbs folder. You mean create here?

D

Deleted User

How do I know if they are?
And still. I don't want to wipe all my content..

Also I got 2 folders with numbers. one already had these files you are speaking of, 3 mb each.
The other numbers folders only had extdata folder. and no dbs folder. You mean create here?
So you have unlinked emuNAND from sysNAND that's good. The folder with exdata and no dbs is probably your sysNAND since it doesn't have any applications, so do it there.
Unlinked emuNAND is when you format sysNAND so it doesn't use the same file as emuNAND when they're different NANDs so you won't get any problems.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you have unlinked emuNAND from sysNAND that's good. The folder with exdata and no dbs is probably your sysNAND since it doesn't have any applications, so do it there.
Unlinked emuNAND is when you format sysNAND so it doesn't use the same file as emuNAND when they're different NANDs so you won't get any problems.
Yeah I have formatted my sysnand I think once before when I had my emunand installed. was fiddling with reinnand but couldn't get to work.
You mean to say it won't wipe my installed dlc etc.? just double checking lol

D

Deleted User

Yeah I have formatted my sysnand I think once before when I had my emunand installed. was fiddling with reinnand but couldn't get to work.
You mean to say it won't wipe my installed dlc etc.? just double checking lol
True. It's great that you already unlinked emuNAND. sysNAND and emuNAND use different folders, so it won't wipe installed dlcs or anything when doing that.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK I choose software management it says sd card management corrupted, reset? I did OK.
Now I redo the FBI thing via cubic, to install devmenu?

D

Deleted User

OK I choose software management it says sd card management corrupted, reset? I did OK.
Now I redo the FBI thing via cubic, to install devmenu?
Yes. Remember to pick destination SD. The only time you should pick NAND is when you install NAND files like AGB_Firm patched or DSiWare.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes. Remember to pick destination SD. The only time you should pick NAND is when you install NAND files like AGB_Firm patched or DSiWare.

I installed it!! :D so happy
Now ill install AGB_Firm patched via devmenu.

The GBA cia's I should install with devmenu and it autopicks location. But just wanna know if I install with fbi I pick SD too? not nand?

D

Deleted User

I installed it!! :D so happy
Now ill install AGB_Firm patched via devmenu.

The GBA cia's I should install with devmenu and it autopicks location. But just wanna know if I install with fbi I pick SD too? not nand?
Yes you pick SD with FBI. I still recommend using Devmenu instead of FBI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye