bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm trying to get the new USB Launcher GX to work. I don't have cIOS36 or cIOS222. I also don't have Wi-Fi, and I have updated to System menu 4.0 using Waninkoko's updater. I've got an installer and a WAD for the most recent cIOS38rev13a When it asks what IOS I want to change I picked IOS60, got an error. Figured I'd try the System Menu 3.2 IOS36, it seemed to work, but when I load up the USB Launcher it doesn't work. I get a message saying to pick which cIOS I want to use. How do I get it to work, or should I downgrade to 3.2 and try again? Or do I need to install IOS60 since Waninkoko's updater might not have updated that? Iunno. Any help?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
NEVER try to overwrite a System Menu IOS if you don't know what your doing. You are meant to install cIOS as IOS 249 to be able to read backups

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
NEVER try to overwrite a System Menu IOS if you don't know what your doing. You are meant to install cIOS as IOS 249 to be able to read backups

This man speaks truth. cIOS is meant to go to IOS249 which is unused by the system. The cIOS itself is based on IOS36, but is not meant to replace it

bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, right. So I'm using the waninkoko cIOS installer to install IOS249, but it asks what IOS to use. I put 60, got an error, put 36 said successful instalation, but USB loader GX still doesn't work.

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install rev 13a as 249 & if it ask you what cios click 249 unplug power from hd & replug it thats how i got it to work

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If IOS249 doesn't show up then you don't have any cIOS installed from beforehand. cIOS should have been installed before you updated with waninkoko's updater to make it easier, but it can still be done from 4.0. Find the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide here and follow the offline portion of that guide up to step 10 and you should then be able to run usb loaders.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
what you need is Bootmii installed as BOOT2 and cBoot2 by Wiigator
with this combo, you should be able to install a CIOS, even on a virgin 4.0 wii, no need for downgrade

here's my "ultimate guide" lol:

1/ install BootMii as BOOT2 (installs HBC and DVDX as well, it doesn't hurt). Backup the bootmii directory that just has been created on your SD.

2/ Download cBOOT2 . Be sure to carefully read the README to know what files you need to get first (from NUS) and how to setup your SDCARD.

3/ Put the CIOS wad on the SDCARD as you usually do so it can be installed by WAD Manager

4/ Run cBoot2 Installer from Homebrew Channel

5/ Restart your Wii, WAD Manager should automatically show up.

6/ Install CIOS wad.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LU64's can't have BootMii installed to boot2. But cboot2 works just fine off of BootMii/IOS since cboot2 is an armboot.bin file and not something that's written to your Wii.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Yeah, for Wii that have the new Boot1 and cannot install BootMii in Boot2, just install it as IOS and replace step 5 by "5/ Go to HBC, press HOME and pick the option to launch BootMii"

Raj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying this same method, installing cIOS without downgrading anything. Have previously updated to System Menu 4 officially, got Bootmii installed with HBC and DVDx and I want to install cIOS 38 rev 12 and USB loader.

So I got cboot2 to work correctly, and the custom version of Wad Manager 1.4 loads and says installation of the cIOS wad is ok. However Waninkoko's usb loader 1.5 still says unable to find cIOS.

I tried uninstalling cIOS via the cboot2 method and it said uninstallation was ok, however something strange is happening. I am able to install the cIOS wad via the wad manager though hbc, not cboot2, although I can't uninstall it. Is this normal? Anything else I can try to check if the cboot2 method is actually installing it properly?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an LU64+ Wii or something or are you just afraid to downgrade anything on your Wii regardless?

Generally I would say don't try dealing with uninstalling things ESPECIALLY IOS's although deleting cIOS's shouldn't cause any problems. You should always be able to install over things. Running any cIOS installer of any revision will install that one over any existing one.

Anyways if the wad installation was successful then I would just try running a normal cIOS installer app after that. Is there any reason you only want to do this via a wad anyways?

Rajveer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope I've got a release date Wii with a vulnerable boot2 which is where I've installed bootmii, but I just don't like the idea of downgrading. Although I've make a nand backup just in case.

I did try the cIOS rev 12 installer after wad manager said that installation of the wad was successful, but the installer gave me a -2011 error.

I'm trying to use wads because I want to use the cboot2 method rather than downgrading, and cboot2 includes the modified wad manager that should allow me to install it properly. On another note, the cboot2 method is allowing me to install wads which I normally wouldn't be able to; I was also trying to install the USB Loader GX Forwarder, and was only able to install and uninstall it via the cboot2 wad manager and not via the hbc one.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if you have a NAND backup with boot2 bootmii you have absolutely nothing to lose trying to do it other ways. You don't even need to fully downgrade your whole system to get stuff working. You just need to downgrade IOS35 to install cios_fix.wad or another cIOS wad. Then you should be able to run a cIOS installer. Running IOS downgrader or cIOS downgrader after that is optional.

Rajveer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I guess you're right, but it's downgrading IOS35 that I'm unsure of. Just to make sure, what exactly does downgrading IOS35 mean? Won't it affect any software that currently uses IOS35? Also, why do I need to run cIOS installer after I've installed cios_fix.wad, just to update it to the latest one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...