Hacking install vita games to sd2vita

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to install my games to all the avaliable memory (all three) on my Vita including the small internal memory, official Sony memory card and the microSD SD2Vita and how to do it?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install my games to all the avaliable memory (all three) on my Vita including the small internal memory, official Sony memory card and the microSD SD2Vita and how to do it?
Native Vita games can only work on the ux0 partition, so in order to use all three to play games, you need to continually swap the mount points around for each card (since only one card can use ux0).

If you're using Storagemgr, you can use SwitchSD2Vita (linked in my post above) to swap mount points quickly using homebrew.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, there is no other way around it..... only swapping it over and over, so we cant use uma0 and ux0 at the same time to trick our Vitas to think we have only "one memory"?

BTW remind me and correct me if im wrong, officialy (untouched Vita) is using uma0 for the official Sony memory card and ux0 for the internal memory or am I mistaken?

Im a bit confused with all that uma0, ux0, ur0, grw0 or whatever.....

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So, there is no other way around it..... only swapping it over and over, so we cant use uma0 and ux0 at the same time to trick our Vitas to think we have only "one memory"?

BTW remind me and correct me if im wrong, officialy (untouched Vita) is using uma0 for the official Sony memory card or am and ux0 for the internal memory or am I mistaken?

1) No, you can't "trick" your Vita that way.

2) ux0 is the memory card, ur0 is internal memory, uma is for mass storage (which isn't normally available for an untouched Vita).

Reactions: deSSy2724

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BTW remind me and correct me if im wrong, officialy (untouched Vita) is using uma0 for the official Sony memory card and ux0 for the internal memory or am I mistaken?

uma0 = USB Partition if there was on connected to a Vita TV normally
ux0 = System Memory card partition
ur0 = found on the NAND is the remaining user data that is structured similarly to the memory card (it shares almost the same directory structure). App icon layout for example is found here.
grw0 = Writeable partition of a game card partition.

Just buy a large size SD card, 200 or 256 GB is good if you want to install a lot of games.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does it really matter which memory is mounted as ux0 and which as uma0 (SD2vita and Sony memory card) ? As far as I understood, the memory which I want to use needs to be mounted as ux0 to be able to play my games from it?

The thing is, I already own an official Sony 64 GB memory card and plan to buy a 256 -512 microSD for my SD2Vita.... so, I want to use both cards.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it really matter which memory is mounted as ux0 and which as uma0 (SD2vita and Sony memory card) ? As far as I understood, the memory which I want to use needs to be mounted as ux0 to be able to play my games from it?

The thing is, I already own an official Sony 64 GB memory card and plan to buy a 256 -512 microSD for my SD2Vita.... so, I want to use both cards.

Vita games needs to be run off ux0, it doesn't matter if it the sonly memory card or the SD2Vita, but run it off the one with a larger capacity storage, for like PS TV you can mount a HDD. You can use the 64GB for emulation/ PSP game etc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only using a 128GB flash drive since most vita games don't interest me. I did want ys viii 'til I ran out of space. I've since bought the game on the switch. ...but beyond that, I want nothing. I think half, if not more, of my games are on other platforms. ;)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You can't dump game carts directly to your SD2Vita, since it takes up the game card slot, so you'd need to dump it to either the Vita memory card, or to your PC.

You'll need to pull your SD2Vita and put the game card in it's place, then make sure you have the NoNpDrm plugin installed so you can play the dumps. From there, you can dump games two main ways:
1) By mounting the gamecard via USB on VitaShell, which is the faster way. To do this, open up VitaShell with the gamecard plugged in, and choose the "Mount gro0" partition via USB. On your PC, this should pull up a disk with an app folder in it, you'll want to transfer the "gro0:/app/GAME TITLE ID" folder to your PC. Once done, you can swap back to your SD2Vita and transfer the "GAME TITLE ID" folder over via USB to ux0/app folder.

2) You can dump the games directly to the Vita memory card, but this is slower and if you don't have enough space on your memory card it might be a bit more annoying. The process is mostly the same, just instead of mounting the gamecard to your PC, you would navigate to gro0 in VitaShell, and copy that same folder mentioned above to any folder in ux0. From there, re-insert the SD2Vita, and transfer that same GAME TITLE ID folder to ux0/app folder on your SD2Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1