Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Wii U and saw that there are some old GBA titles available on the eshop. I own the two Golden Sun games on GBA and spent a very very long time on them and in order to avoid loosing my saves I dumped them using a 3DS linker soft. So my question is : is there any way to inject a former GBA save into the Wii U vc equivalent to get my old save back and play on my TV ?

Thanks in advance for your answers, cordially

Reactions: Margen67

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U virtual console? No. The Wii U mode is not hacked so we cannot do anything with its save data that Nintendo does not officially support. (And they do not support save data transferring.)

However... If you have a hacked Wii mode, you can certainly run a GBA emulator, and most games run near perfectly. I'm also pretty sure the save format is the same as a standard GBA save, so all you have to do is plop it on your USB drive/sd card and play away! I did this with a couple games a while back, so I know it's possible, but it's been a long time so I can't exactly tell you step-by-step. Also I don't know what kind of backups you have, so it just depends on whether you're able to convert them to the supported format if they aren't already.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U virtual console? No. The Wii U mode is not hacked so we cannot do anything with its save data that Nintendo does not officially support. (And they do not support save data transferring.)

However... If you have a hacked Wii mode, you can certainly run a GBA emulator, and most games run near perfectly. I'm also pretty sure the save format is the same as a standard GBA save, so all you have to do is plop it on your USB drive/sd card and play away! I did this with a couple games a while back, so I know it's possible, but it's been a long time so I can't exactly tell you step-by-step. Also I don't know what kind of backups you have, so it just depends on whether you're able to convert them to the supported format if they aren't already.
Even if this is the case and you can dump the saves the games this person is wanting to play...golden Sun 1 and 2 are some of the most power hungry games ever made for the gba highly highly doubt they will run full speed on a hacked wii

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly Im interesting in knowing if this will be possible. Nintendo just released Paper Mario 64 on wii u, and I bought it for $2 because I had it in wii, and the fuckign saves dont transfer. Don't know which dickheads came up with this system, but a save transfer between wii and wii u would be great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks