Hacking [IN PROGRESS] New Homebrew Launcher Exploit for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the idea but it's true, sadly you will have a lot of ppl whining about it, I would love a launcher that doesn't require the red card for use with the 3ds that I have without switching the gateway

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't be to worried for Gateway.

A profitable company with a shit ton of resources, practice, less need for day jobs etc. etc. aren't gonna go out of business or quit over a CFW whipped up by some cowboy devs (no offense at all intended).

If something needs an update, well devs coding in their free time might have real life issues that prioritize higher than fixing one issue or another or bringing the emuNAND back up to scratch if another FW update kills it. As for Gateway, well, rep is everything and they'll push out an update ASAP.
And Gateway's rep kinda relies on that 'innovative'TM feature set, they'll grow one carrot or another to dangle in front of consumers.

A free CFW and a flashcart market can probably coexist just fine.

Reactions: pikatsu

SpaceshipNayib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like an incredible feat! I hope you guys figure it out smoothly and quickly!
Super excited to see how it turns out, and hopefully the whiny backlash is minimal.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It be nice to to install a home brew type channel that you launch to open up a program that lets you boot in too emunand and run CIA files and emulators!

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be to worried for Gateway.

A profitable company with a shit ton of resources, practice less need for day jobs etc. etc. aren't gonna go out of business or quit over a CFW whipped up by some cowboy devs (no offense at all intended).

If something needs an update, well devs coding in their free time might have real life issues that prioritize higher than fixing one issue or another or bringing the emuNAND back up to scratch if another FW update kills it. As for Gateway, well, rep is everything and they'll push out an update ASAP.
And Gateway's rep kinda relies on that 'innovative'TM feature set, they'll grow one carrot or another to dangle in front of consumers.

A free CFW and a flashcart market can probably coexist just fine.

Practice less need for day jobs? You must not have any respect for the people that actually do have jobs outside GW or any team that has release a card that is not a clone.

yoshi6300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great work i wish you guys luck with this!

Don't let the shitty gbatemp community get you down man, Just know that a lot of people would be really thankful for it and would appreciate your work.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Practice less need for day jobs? You must not have any respect for the people that actually do have jobs outside GW or any team that has release a card that is not a clone.

There was supposed to be a comma, I'll fix that just for you.

There you go, still, even if you read it that way, yeah Gateway have less need for day jobs. What are you saying?

It's gonna be a very small team yeah?
Making a fair chunk of cash yeah?

What are you saying?
Do you think because I said Gateway might not need employment elsewhere I was insulting everybody but them? And how exactly?

What the fuck is wrong with people here?

Edit: Ahhh, Maybe you're saying that homebrew devs have NOTHING better to do the minute something needs updating or fixing up. No lives, no bills to pay, no family, no friends?
Tony, you're an awful person. That's a horrible thing to think.
And it was YOU that thought it, because I said the exact opposite.

I win?
Cools, goodnight and good luck cowboys!

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told the homebrew scene was picking up, its just not going in the direction of making CFW I guess. Hopefully this opens up new doors and welcomes more CFW
Well, I don't really care too much about CFW. I just like to see homebrew being created and more people involved in creating some wonderful works.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you guys serious? This statement is as old as the English language. It's in Shakespeare and many other literature.

You sir, are correct. Apparently it became a popular phrase in the 1700s-1800s in England. I apologize for my ignorance. If your question was legitimate, yes, I was serious when I wrote that, I guess.

Also, get off your high horse, its referenced everywhere in pop culture from The Catcher in the Rye to The Office, how can you not expect people to get mixed up?

On topic: Really looking forward to any developments on this project, keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz