st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
And by Homebrew launcher you mean .3dsx launching?
So in theory we'd finally have .3dsx and cia brews using a single exploit with an emuNAND to boot?

This sounds too good to be true.

williamcesar2
Don't (REALLY DON't) wanna open the can on this again, but during that Govanify leaking bizz was it stated that st4rk used yellows8's code someone sent him for his CFW?
I'm asking out of curiousity, it was one of those threads that spewed so much crap it was hard to take in :\

I did diss in yellows8 code **

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Would it be possible to use this to dump 3DS roms from cartridges onto the SD Card?
The reason I ask is because my 3DS's top screen is broken, so I'd like to be able to use it to dump roms of my games and then play them on my computer (when Citra 3DS advances enough).

Also, if you could, try to make it launch-able without needing to display things on the top screen :)

Instead of waiting for emulator, you can fix your 3DS screen by yourself. You can get a replacement screen at ebay for around 15 $.

Reactions: Pluupy

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I did diss in yellows8 code **
Yup. You helping with this thing?

@williamce
I remember. It was too hard sifting through the bullshit, so I waited till the dust settled.​
Then I forgot all about it.​

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
OT

Those things look grotesque to me, and less portable.
What's the appeal for you?

It was cheap.

I only had $200 on me at the time. So I could have either gotten a $199.99 3DS XL with nothing to play, or a $129.99 2DS with a used copy of Pokemon Y.
I wanted a game, so that's what I bought.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
It was cheap.

I only had $200 on me at the time. So I could have either gotten a $199.99 3DS XL with nothing to play, or a $129.99 2DS with a used copy of Pokemon Y.
I wanted a game, so that's what I bought.

Ahhh. Gotcha.
I know the feeling, Dec 2014, I'm in the market for a new 3ds and out comes the NEW 3ds for a big $1 more than the standard.
I cheaped out, got the standard XL and thinking the Gateway support would be out any second I regretted it for two weeks. But not now :)

Sometimes it's better to have something to play lol.
First time cheaping out's worked out for me too.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well now I don't get to use the "downgrade" function of the gateway, and I'm confused if I should get one now...

Will I be able to play 3DS Roms on a Gateway on my 9.2U 2DS? That's all I really want it for.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now I don't get to use the "downgrade" function of the gateway, and I'm confused if I should get one now...

Will I be able to play 3DS Roms on a Gateway on my 9.2U 2DS? That's all I really want it for.

From my understanding this is possible. Put in the card and go to "gateway" mode. That's literally the whole point of the card. Downgrading is only needed if you want to use the offline exploit (rather than the browser one), or if you want to run CFW.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding this is possible. Put in the card and go to "gateway" mode. That's literally the whole point of the card. Downgrading is only needed if you want to use the offline exploit (rather than the browser one), or if you want to run CFW.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country

What is CFW? Custom Firmware?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hmm, interesting...
These past months it's been hack after hack for the 3DS.
Only reason this worries me is that, since it is supposedly free, people will go for this rather than Gateway.
No funding for Gateway anymore if that's going to happen, and they'll die out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/amAULN7yJis?si=JWDANkaENVhXuLBd stay out of the water Psi