In need of a new handheld system, can you help me choose?

Android?Switch?Vita?

• Different Android device(post name of it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Switch

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Vita

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Shield portable

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking between the switch, vita, or the nvidia shield portable or other andriod device.

I looking long term fun and possiable media device as well. I have a n2ds already and need something else with it.

Here some notes I want from ether consloes.
--
1. Must have great games, hands down. I know switch has potiental for this, vita not so much, and andriod has retro playablity.

2. I love terraria, i hate the 3ds port though, very watered down. Switch dont have this game yet? Vita has and andriod do but the touch screen controls block out the view in game(unless i can turn them off? My question is the vita version worth it? Or its not?

3. Music during game play. I know vita and andriod can both do this. Switch cant yet?

4. And finally price. I know switch would cost the most and the three, vita and shield portable are half that i think.

What you think? I wasnt sure where to post this but its the general other handheld threads and i am considering a possable andriod device as well, so ill post here.

Attacker3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you looked at the GPD Win? Does everything that a windows PC does, so it works as a media player as well as having great games.

Only issue is that it lasts 4 hours on battery, but the Switch is around the same. If you want a long battery life, go for the Shield, but that's all it's good for, a good battery life. I'd recommend the GPD win.

Also it costs quite a bit more than a switch, but you get everything you could need, and it would make a great retro games laptop. Just get a mouse and you'll be set for anything on GOG, and games like Starbound and Terraria.
Or you could save up and go for the GPD Win 2, which does everything way better than the Win but costs a buttload of money

c0d22011-dce5-45bc-b933-2a7a88f8269e.jpg

Look at those overwatch frames for the Win2! Hooey! Perfect for any emulation or modern game needs. Just save up your money bro

Reactions: CuriousTommy

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never heard of the GPD Win, looks interesting.

Compared to the shield portable, the GPD win actually plays the pc games on it instead it being streamed, which I really like.

Battery isnt an issue. Can it be used while charging? I say that because Androids dont really hold a charge with the cord plugged in and it still shutoff after gameplay. 3ds can be used while charging, im assuming switch does this too.

I would consider a GPD Win, but the cost is the only thing.

Attacker3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never heard of the GPD Win, looks interesting.

Compared to the shield portable, the GPD win actually plays the pc games on it instead it being streamed, which I really like.

Battery isnt an issue. Can it be used while charging? I say that because Androids dont really hold a charge with the cord plugged in and it still shutoff after gameplay. 3ds can be used while charging, im assuming switch does this too.

I would consider a GPD Win, but the cost is the only thing.

Yeah you can use it while it's plugged in. It's just like a normal laptop, just small and has an embedded controller in it. And any questions you have you can go to the GPD subreddit. I'm thinking of getting one for myself (I don't have one, so take what I say with a grain of salty salty salt.)

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you can use it while it's plugged in. It's just like a normal laptop, just small and has an embedded controller in it. And any questions you have you can go to the GPD subreddit. I'm thinking of getting one for myself (I don't have one, so take what I say with a grain of salty salty salt.)

I was just looking up the sheild portable on amazon and I found this https://www.amazon.com/GPD-Foldable...refix=nividia+shield+po&sr=8-3&ref=mp_s_a_1_3

Its a GPD XD? It looks like a earier model but its much more affordable. its an android not windows but still recommend that?

Last edited by alonzondavis,

Attacker3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vita is a great option. The screen is nice (I have the oled version). It’s got normal Bluetooth. Got my beats synced up. It’s got a video player as well as a music player. The emulators run well. Not to mention it’s very hackable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: