Time to stop Tron Bonne!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well can you make one for me? I'll help you. :) I'd love to have one.

Sorry, I don't get very much money normally. Since this project will probably take me a few months to make. I don't want to shell out a lot of money to make 2 of em, since my other Wii broke I'm going to have to get a used one for $70. Not to mention the $50 PSone screen and the battery pack witch is probably going to cost a lot of money to get. I would like some help since, after all, it is my first portable system witch is going to be a laptop.
If you make Wii portable & decide to sell it here is your first bidder forget a wii laptop wii portables are where its at for me

It would be nearly impossible to make a portable Wii like that. The reason being is the control scheme for the Wii.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I don't get very much money normally. Since this project will probably take me a few months to make. I don't want to shell out a lot of money to make 2 of em, since my other Wii broke I'm going to have to get a used one for $70. Not to mention the $50 PSone screen and the battery pack witch is probably going to cost a lot of money to get. I would like some help since, after all, it is my first portable system witch is going to be a laptop.

It would be nearly impossible to make a portable Wii like that. The reason being is the control scheme for the Wii.

I don't think so the only problem I see with a portable wii is having to log around a wii remote to play games that require a wii remote .Good luck with making your portable ^^

Ashen12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSOne screen is a terrible choice for a Wii Lappy. Besides the fact that its over 10 year old tech, you can get a 7" or 8" 16:9 LCD/driver board combo on ebay for around the same price as a PSOne screen and it'll be much higher quality.

Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The PSOne screen is a terrible choice for a Wii Lappy. Besides the fact that its over 10 year old tech, you can get a 7" or 8" 16:9 LCD/driver board combo on ebay for around the same price as a PSOne screen and it'll be much higher quality.

I don't care about the screen quality all that much.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megalomaniac's been selling some WKFs in the ModRetro junkyard. Also, Ashens words are to be taken to heart as he is among the best in the business.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no intrest in Wii laptops only a handheld wii & that's to bad I hope you atleast release a guide for making a Gc or Wii handheld

A good friend of mine from over at ModRetro is starting a youtube video series on how to make a gamecube portable. At this point the first two episodes only really show you what tools and parts you'll be making use of, but I'm sure it'll pick up and get more in-depth. He's the creator of the Ccube and the Envision, so you know he knows what he's talking about. Here's the thread where he introduces his video series: http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11940

Beyond that, I recommend snooping around the GCN/Wii/Wii U sub-forum and look at the various tutorials and worklogs.

Reactions: Parasite X

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good friend of mine from over at ModRetro is starting a youtube video series on how to make a gamecube portable. At this point the first two episodes only really show you what tools and parts you'll be making use of, but I'm sure it'll pick up and get more in-depth. He's the creator of the Ccube and the Envision, so you know he knows what he's talking about. Here's the thread where he introduces his video series: http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11940

Beyond that, I recommend snooping around the GCN/Wii/Wii U sub-forum and look at the various tutorials and worklogs.

Thank you i'll be sure to check out your friends youtube ch . I think I will add you to my friends list =)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where to buy GameCube portables that people have made ?

I feel like a broken record plugging ModRetro here, but you can head over to The Junkyard there and try to buy one or commission one. I warn you, though, a quality Gamecube Portable will probably run you somewhere around $800.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like a broken record plugging ModRetro here, but you can head over to The Junkyard there and try to buy one or commission one. I warn you, though, a quality Gamecube Portable will probably run you somewhere around $800.

I'm guessing that reason why they cost so much is because of the costs to make the portable & because its one of a kind.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing that reason why they cost so much is because of the costs to make the portable & because its one of a kind.

The parts are expensive, and it takes a lot of skill and effort to get them working and looking beautiful. If you subtract the cost of parts, these guys aren't making a very high return on all the hours of work they put into them.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The parts are expensive, and it takes a lot of skill and effort to get them working and looking beautiful. If you subtract the cost of parts, these guys aren't making a very high return on all the hours of work they put into them.

I see so the chances of finding a reasonably priced GameCube portable are almost slim to none .The reasonable i'm for is the 200 mark no higher because the GameCube has been dead for a while now but I understand why they cost so much but $ 800 is alot .

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I see so the chances of finding a reasonably priced GameCube portable are almost slim to none .The reasonable i'm for is the 200 mark no higher because the GameCube has been dead for a while now but I understand why they cost so much but $ 800 is alot .

Working on one now.
Just ordered a WKF and a GC Platinum for $20.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, parts alone would run over that mark.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Its good if you have any important documents or say a business that you don't want...