Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Can Websites and/or Internet Content Providers be Held Liable for Violation of Intellectual Property Rights if they are Only Providing Links to Illegal Software and/or Other Illegal Devices?

Yes. Personal Websites and/or Internet Content Providers sites That link to Nintendo ROMs, Nintendo emulators and/or illegal copying devices can be held liable for copyright and trademark violations, regardless of whether the illegal software and/or devices are on their site or whether they are linking to the sites where the illegal items are found.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the emulator doesn't contain copywritten code, its not illegal.

Quite a few of the statements on their Legal page are bs.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No...go home. That makes NO sense at all.

What do you mean it makes no sense? Emulators are all illegal because they try to reproduce the process of a vendor specific product. However, you're allowed to develop an emulator if the development process was used for learning.

Ex: If you reverse engineer a duck

You can remake the duck, and it'll look like a duck, sound like a duck, move like a duck.

But a successfully reproduced duck duplicates the process/function of a patented process which makes it illegal.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No...go home. That makes NO sense at all.

What do you mean it makes no sense? Emulators are all illegal because they try to reproduce the process of a vendor specific product. However, you're allowed to develop an emulator if the development process was used for learning.

Ex: If you reverse engineer a duck

You can remake the duck, and it'll look like a duck, sound like a duck, move like a duck.

But a successfully reproduced duck duplicates the process/function of a patented process which makes it illegal.
And in case anyone was wondering, I'm the current patent holder for ducks and duck-based utility vehicles.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And in case anyone was wondering, I'm the current patent holder for ducks.

That means I have to pay you royalties for using that duck analogy.
paypal_button.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol(i actully did) Well i guess i better get mypaypal number out too.

I thought it might be ok to have a backup copy if you owned a hard copy... but, Roms and Emus are illegal. ok.

whats a .sav file and how do i use one? does it work like:
i have mario and luigi partners in time. i load a .sav file to jump to the final boss instantly?

and yes i am very misinformed about these things. i hope do increase my knowledge by posting in these forums.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A .sav file is the data that the rom uses to "Save" your place in the game. If you have a .sav file for the rom you can use it to go to that placeholder. But you must:

A) Convert it to the proper savetype for your Flash Cart
B) Rename it to the EXACT name of the rom without the extension.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Does the R4 contain copyrighted code?

I think it contains copyrighted boot codes or something like that.
unsure.gif
I don't think so, since the encryption has been broken by Martin Korth, they need not use real game boot code anymore. But every unlicensed product on a closed platform is subject to copyright issues. Albeit some old war between intellivision and atari has settled that such copyright is absusive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT