Features:
- txt, fb2 and partial epub format support
- UTF-8 text encoding
- horizontal and vertical layouts
- fonts look sharp even on DSi
- option to turn off one of the screens to save battery life

Download: http://code.google.com/p/ikureader/
That is pretty nice graphics.
How did you get the graphics on this so great for the Nintendo DS. Usually, the book readers for Nintendo DS I have don't have that great of graphics.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
metri3 said:
How would I read a *.pdf file on the ds?

*.pdf files are not made to display on a small screen. Although it is possible to write a homebrew that supports *.pdf ebooks, it wouldn't be readable at all, because you need to scroll horizontally to read everything, or the text and images would be squished in a way that the text becomes illegible.

So yeah tough luck if you only have pdf files, I personally like epub files a lot more, because they were made for smaller screens and those work incredibly well on the ds (note: I haven't tried IkuReader yet)

Yamcha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can not install fonts with accents, nor any other font. And I did exactly as said. Can someone teach how to install fonts with accents?

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Yamcha said:
I can not install fonts with accents, nor any other font. And I did exactly as said. Can someone teach how to install fonts with accents?
Copy font, for examle "xxx.ttf", to folder "/data/ikureader/font". Duplicate and rename 2 files to "xxxB.ttf" and :xxxI.ttf"

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Rukia-san said:
I can't link my ebooks for it is illegal, no?
You can link the eBooks if they're public domain but not if they're still copyrighted material.

here.
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

but do note this:
Our ebooks are free in the United States because their copyright has expired. They may not be free of copyright in other countries. Readers outside of the United States must check the copyright laws of their countries before downloading or redistributing our ebooks.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
chintoi said:
tomrev, I added search, but it's kind of crappy and has only English keyboard. Hope it's sufficient for what you need.
Thanks for 100 times.
biggrin.gif

Edit: As far as I test, the search function work very well. I can search around large text file (file size about 120k) without problem. I noticed a clock at the bottom left corner, nice addition.

Could you add case insensitive/sensitive search (Now, it looks like case sensitive search) and mark at the searched point?

Edit2: I found a bug, tested on text files - ASCII and utf-8, a new line in between text line is not show. For example,
QUOTE said:
abc
xyz
it shows
abc xyz
in Ikureader.

However, if there is 2 continuous new lines it will show a new line.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
That has to deal with differences between line encodings on various operating systems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline

It's likely that the file is using only one kind, but when you insert a newline you're inserting one of the correct (or both) kind. You can use a text editor like Notepad++ and turn on viewing all characters to see CRs (carriage returns) and LFs (linefeeds).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
It's likely that the file is using only one kind, but when you insert a newline you're inserting one of the correct (or both) kind. You can use a text editor like Notepad++ and turn on viewing all characters to see CRs (carriage returns) and LFs (linefeeds).
And this is where regular notepad is complete crap that doesn't do things correctly.

chintoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ignoring single newlines is not a bug. Plain text ebooks are traditionally formatted so that only newline + whitespace (space, tab, newline) counts as a paragraph delimiter. I guess it goes up to the times when people still used terminals. Anyway I am bored with the program to an extent I don't wish to edit a byte of it.

Added: Rydian, why, it's opensource. There's source only for the initial version on google code, but no one seemed to be interested with the up to date one, so i didn't bother uploading. After all it's a mess of a code.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
chintoi said:
Ignoring single newlines is not a bug. Plain text ebooks are traditionally formatted so that only newline + whitespace (space, tab, newline) counts as a paragraph delimiter. I guess it goes up to the times when people still used terminals. Anyway I am bored with the program to an extent I don't wish to edit a byte of it.
Oh, sorry for the blaming it as a bug by my little knowledge of your work.

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP... finally gave ur e-reader another shot and was trouble-free this time...

this is definitely the best ive tried for DS... lot of options and simple to navigate and the bookmark feature actually WORKED... I was using DSReader before and wasn't able to save via bookmark... I saved it, but it would never load but it works perfectly here... Great work...

thanks dude

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This program keeps crashing whenever I try to read a book on it. I've followed all the rules and done everything exactly the way it says to but it's still not working properly. At best I get past the Prologue in a book and then it freezes and shuts down my DS as soon as the first page for the first chapter shows up. Like I've said I've followed all the guides exactly and I'm still getting this error. I'm using an Acekard2i with AKAIO 1.8.1 on a DS Lite. The books aren't large files either, most are less than 500KB. I've tried re-downloading both the IkuReader and the books, reformatting my MicroSD card and reinstalling everything, and I've even tried changing some lines in the books themselves. Nothing fixes it. So what is going wrong here?

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Taellon said:
This program keeps crashing whenever I try to read a book on it. I've followed all the rules and done everything exactly the way it says to but it's still not working properly. At best I get past the Prologue in a book and then it freezes and shuts down my DS as soon as the first page for the first chapter shows up. Like I've said I've followed all the guides exactly and I'm still getting this error. I'm using an Acekard2i with AKAIO 1.8.1 on a DS Lite. The books aren't large files either, most are less than 500KB. I've tried re-downloading both the IkuReader and the books, reformatting my MicroSD card and reinstalling everything, and I've even tried changing some lines in the books themselves. Nothing fixes it. So what is going wrong here?

Are your ebooks freeware? If they are, you might want to upload them, so we can check what books you're trying to run. This way we can rule out if it is the book the homebrew is crashing on or if it is something else. If the book is copyrighted, you can also try to read them on your pc with a free program like adobe digital editions and see if it works on your pc, because if an ebook produces a fatal error, changing a line in the book usually won't fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.