Hacking Question If I buy a new Switch in a week or two, will it have a firmware less/equal 3.0.0?

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are gonna have countless more threads like this in these next few weeks.......just saying:mellow:

true, but what if we turned it into something useful for the community, as in maybe people could report "I bought it on X day and it has Y firmware"? just a thought

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
true, but what if we turned it into something useful for the community, as in maybe people could report "I bought it on X day and it has Y firmware"? just a thought

Yes! that is a great idea. But Such a thread would definitely need to be a sticky.

Because if it isn't then i can totally foresee a Gbatemp MOD loosing their mind after the 25th thread asking the same thing is made lol.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes! that is a great idea. But Such a thread would definitely need to be a sticky.

Because if it isn't then i can totally foresee a Gbatemp MOD loosing their mind after the 25th thread asking the same thing is made lol.

Problem is, noobs can't read stickies and will ask the same question over and over again.
Even if you'd implement a pop up saying "*link to thread* here's a topic where you can ask if a new switch comes with a FW below 3.0" noobs will still make the same threads.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Problem is, noobs can't read stickies and will ask the same question over and over again.
Even if you'd implement a pop up saying "*link to thread* here's a topic where you can ask if a new switch comes with a FW below 3.0" noobs will still make the same threads.

Well i cant disagree with that since your 100% right.

But i have noticed that some noobs are beginning to understand how forums like this one work meaning some will actually use the sticky......But then after seeing how long it is, they will just create their own thread and ask the same question in order to save time (much to the dismay of the regular users). That is the mentality of the noob or at least what i have noticed.:rofl2:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well i cant disagree with that since your 100% right.

But i have noticed that some noobs are beginning to understand how forums like this one work meaning some will actually use the sticky......But then after seeing how long it is, they will just create their own thread and ask the same question in order to save time (much to the dismay of the regular users). That is the mentality of the noob or at least what i have noticed.:rofl2:

Well, the problem with noobs is that no one should spoonfeed them.
They don't learn anything from it.

Then again, you can make something foolproof but someone will just make a better fool.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bug-submission program submitted this probably two months ago today. Its been known for a while, and why 3.0.1 was such a major patch for such a minor version number. Systems currently on shelves in the US or arriving in the near future, will be on older firmware due to shipping lead times, sorting, and delivery, but everything that's been shipped as of probably the last few weeks but not yet on shelves will be on 3.0.1.

If you buy within the next few weeks? Odds are good for an old FW.

If you buy any time after that? goodluckmorgannfreeman.gif

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Not if you plan to play any games on it. Basicly every game will have update the switch.
If you plan on playing splatoon 2, updateing in mandatory.

DarkOrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not if you plan to play any games on it. Basicly every game will have update the switch.
If you plan on playing splatoon 2, updateing in mandatory.

I'm not interested in Splatoon 2 at all, but I would like to play Mario Odyssey. But I'm fine, I bought 2 switches (one for homebrews and one for new games and online gaming).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1