• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

If 50% of the world's population needed to die...

What method will you choose?

• Global Lottery (50% chance of death)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offer yourself up to save someone else. (100% chance of death, but 0% chance of the person you choos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Here's the scenario...

It's 2015, the world's population is exploding exponentially, and all of the world's governments agree that 50% of the worlds population needs to be exterminated. The only 2 methods of doing so agreed upon are:

1: submitting yourself to a global lottery, where you have a 50/50 chance to live or die, or...

2. offering yourself up to make sure 100% that a person of your choosing will live.

Which will you choose, and why? Only one or the other, you can't make up your own choice.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lottery. I like to depend on luck, especially seeing that I have so much luck I won 2 DSTWO's
yaypsp.gif

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Why not fight for your life with other people?
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I would go with option 2. It would be fun to choose number 1 just to see how lucky will I be
biggrin.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
coolbho3000 said:
What if you choose someone, and another person chooses you? What if you choose someone, and they choose you back?
unsure.gif

Not possible, each person, once registered will be entered in a database, and if you choose a person already registered, an error would be displayed.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kind if a sick thing to do to be honest....but if I had no choice I'd pick number 2, I don't want to die myself but if I could stop someone I love from dying then that's what I'd do but before anything happened, I can safely say who ever thought of the plan itself will definately be dying themselves along with everyone that agrees with it.
Even the thought of it is horrible.

D

Deleted_171835

I would choose to participate in the global lottery after a lot of protests, of course. I would not let myself die for someone else. Even a loved one. This is probably considered selfish but it's true. I'm not going to die for another person. I'm sure many others would pick the first option if the opportunity were to present itself in reality.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I voted for lottery... It's really not an easy choice...

To be honest this is how I would do it: 50% chance I live, and 50% chance my special one lives, if either of us would lose, I'd fight to volunteer to that 100% death thing to save her. get my point?

If both absolutely can't both live: I'd sacrifice myself cause I can't live without her

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would sacrifice myself to save my, then, most important person in life who would be my childs?.Or. maybe my wife if I dont have kids until then.

MMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
2. offering yourself up to make sure 100% that a person of your choosing will live.

Pay poor/suicidal people to pick number 2 and save my whole family.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place