Hardware if 3DS was remade.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*
Your brain is stupid.

That is the longest list of improbable dribbleing I have ever disgraced my eyes apon.
Tactile? that would make the 3ds cost $1000, seeing no phone, tv, computer available for purchase has it. Tactile is pointless anyway, [sarcasm]But for me personally, my lady parts are dripping wet at the idea of a scream changing texture![sarcasm/]

I had to yell a someone, you were just closest...
Uh. All Android phones have tactile haptic feedback. But you're a woman, so all is forgiven.
That sounded rather sexist.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I agree with 1 thing you said - better camera. Other things won't happen unless Ninty drops support for the current 3DS, as different sized screens, higher res, etc. would make compatibility with the current 3DS impossible for most games.

That said though, Ninty should have done most of those things on the original...
Ninty's cameras are really shit. I mean my iPhone 4 front camera (also at 0.3MP) is sharper than the POS 3DS camera.

I won't blame the battery though. That would make Ninty launch the BS 3DS at $299.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*
Your brain is stupid.

That is the longest list of improbable dribbleing I have ever disgraced my eyes apon.
Tactile? that would make the 3ds cost $1000, seeing no phone, tv, computer available for purchase has it. Tactile is pointless anyway, [sarcasm]But for me personally, my lady parts are dripping wet at the idea of a scream changing texture![sarcasm/]

Uh. All Android phones have tactile haptic feedback. But you're a woman, so all is forgiven.
That sounded rather sexist.
It was fully sexist.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*
Your brain is stupid.

It's useless for the 3DS.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Uh. All Android phones have tactile haptic feedback.
It's useless for the 3DS.
Opinions opinions.
It's more the fact that touchscreen phones use touchscreen controls exclusively so the only sort of input feedback you can get is from haptic feedback, whereas with the 3DS, controls that aren't suited for touchscreen in the first place use physical buttons, and the controls that are suited for touchscreen won't really benefit from haptic feedback, so it's more than just an opinion that haptic feedback isn't useful on the 3DS.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Adding all this stuff would basically make it a brand new console. All the re-hashes of the DS all shared the same resolution because DS games would all then have different resolutions per game therefore making them look ugly and pixelated.

And the use of the camera for "enhanced experience" could already be done. Games that interact with the camera for the majority of Gameplay have been done (WarioWare: Snapped for DSi for example.) And as that was the previous generation there should be more capabilities with the 3DS.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Personally what I want in a redesign:
  • Face detection technology
  • Better cameras - maybe to 0.7MP minimum
  • Battery Life of 5 - 7 hours in 3D minimum
I don't care it being bigger/having a second thumbstick etc. but these are just my minimum 'requirements'.
I agree with the battery thing. Theres no reason the 3DS should have less battery live than the Vita, which has a 4-core processor. It also doesn't help that the 3DS is a power hog. However I'm not on board with the camera thingy. Keeping the cameras stunted will hopefully keep Nintendo from being tempted to take them seriously as gaming peripherals.

Well, considering all that the 3DS has while running on a lower capacity battery than the PSV (1300mAh vs 2200mAh), I think it's a pretty capable little thing.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen enough of these, time for my input.

- Indestructable Gorilla Glass
- Automatically refreshing warranty
- Hardware updates as well as software
- A money printer
- Flux capacitor
- An included card with every 3DS game to be released on it
- A Solar gun
- A PET
- An infinite battery
- a premodded firmware
- Key to the world
- The undenying love and support from everyone in the world as they parade me down the street as their leader

This isn't too unreasonable I think Nintendo, make it happen. :yay:
SUNLIGHT

steve1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bigger screens, dual analogs, bigger battery and a dedicated dsp for AA in 3d mode and for processing/smoothing out ds games to take advantage of the increased resolution.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Personally what I want in a redesign:
  • Face detection technology
  • Better cameras - maybe to 0.7MP minimum
  • Battery Life of 5 - 7 hours in 3D minimum
I don't care it being bigger/having a second thumbstick etc. but these are just my minimum 'requirements'.
I agree with the battery thing. Theres no reason the 3DS should have less battery live than the Vita, which has a 4-core processor. It also doesn't help that the 3DS is a power hog. However I'm not on board with the camera thingy. Keeping the cameras stunted will hopefully keep Nintendo from being tempted to take them seriously as gaming peripherals.

Well, considering all that the 3DS has while running on a lower capacity battery than the PSV (1300mAh vs 2200mAh), I think it's a pretty capable little thing.
If you actually look at one of the battery tests (lowest brightness, WiFi on), the PSV lasted 4h and the 3DS lasted 5.

Maximum brightness, on the other hand, 3DS loses out. This is the power of OLED.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-