samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanas said:
samjef11 said:
bitonio6 said:
the iEDGE V4 is not 3DS compatible!

You can find here -> an "embeded" version, this version dont need any "rom" to do the upgrade!

iEDGE.Bootstrap.Creator.V4.For.DSi.1.4.2+OS.2.3

Just run the "iEDGE Bootstrap Updater V-4[Embed].exe" file

wink.gif

The Iedge card is not compatilble with the 3ds as quoted by bitinio6 above.
Some are, some are not, or maybe its has something to do with the 3DS itself.
Well we should add the number of people who got thier Iedge working on the 3ds and the people who can't get it to work on the 3ds and that way we can say if the Iedge card supports the 3ds or not.

gaol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine works, first time I inserted it didn't show; then I put it in with a bit more force and it worked fine. This may be as simple as a contact issue.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
samjef11 said:
bitonio6 said:
because of that:

AsISaid.png

I saw that first posted on the Team Cyclops Forums.
Source

What they say???
Not supported but on their website, we can read this:

QUOTE said:
CycloDS iEvolution running on 3DS in DSL mode on stock bootstrap and 2.1 firmware, no changes necessary - it just works.
Unfortunately DSi mode is unable to be tested at the current time due to the lack of a Japanese region bootstrap.

CycloDS Evolution firmware v2.3 has been released for both Evolution and iEvolution and is available for download from the support page. Changes in this release include:

•Common
?Miscellaneous game compatibility fixes
•iEVO
?DSi mode is now supported on 3DS

unsure.gif
mellow.gif

To "Tanas"... What is the number on the ram and the IC of your iEDGe
when did you buy it ?

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna put a stop to this bullshit, my iedge opened looks like that pic on that other page with the inside,. ii gonna go get my supercards 8gb and put edge firmware and update it to v4. be right back. i'll post results and a video.
How does that sound? sheesh. lol ending all this bs
Will edit post or make a new post when i finished.

dtp30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what are you saying about us who's cards aren't working?? Are we complete idiots that have no idea what were doing??!!

I don't think this is "bull$hit". Clearly some cards work... And some don't. How are you going to change that fact?? That's the key here... Trying to find out why..

D.

AndroidDem0man said:
I'm gonna put a stop to this bullshit, my iedge opened looks like that pic on that other page with the inside,. ii gonna go get my supercards 8gb and put edge firmware and update it to v4. be right back. i'll post results and a video.
How does that sound? sheesh. lol ending all this bs
Will edit post or make a new post when i finished.

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i meant i'm putting a sotp to the arguing about it working or not, so far i cant even get my iedge to update, it shows up on my 3ds in the videos as the Japenese game and the LED ( the red one in the microsd slot) is light up. you'll see in the videos., i made 3 parts of the videos and i am not calling anyone a complete idiot. I cant update my iedge, its just retarded that edge made the worst way to update ever >.>
Just meant the stopping this bs by putting an end to the argument in this topic.
Gonna edit post when all 3 videos are uploaded.

oh dtp, yeah an edit again lol, what did you do to update those edge cards, for me it goes to 100% when i start the iedge and it says " completed in 55 seconds blah blah " press a to restart your ds or whatever and then when i turn it back on it still comes up as that japanese game.
i tried to updaet it on a dsi xl and a ds lite

Getting off for now guys, will put the videos here tomorrow.

dtp30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you kinda missed my point, There ISN'T an argument. Some DO work.. Some DON'T. The question is WHY???

Both my carts were updated on a DSL. Both work fine on my DSL (They show the Mech game which is V4 firmware). Both my updates went to 100% and the led flashed etc.. They both work on my DSL, so i`m sure the update process worked. One shows a blank 3D cart on my V2 3DS. The other says there is no cart inserted. Doesn't matter how many times i re-insert it or try other micro SD cards. (Neither of them worked on my 3DS when it was V1 either...)

So neither of mine work. I`m not saying yours doesn't work.. But there must be a reason why some DO.. and some DON'T.

My DSTWO after doing all it`s updates works fine on my 3DS.. Not sure if that helps.. But there it is.

D.

AndroidDem0man said:
no i meant i'm putting a sotp to the arguing about it working or not, so far i cant even get my iedge to update, it shows up on my 3ds in the videos as the Japenese game and the LED ( the red one in the microsd slot) is light up. you'll see in the videos., i made 3 parts of the videos and i am not calling anyone a complete idiot. I cant update my iedge, its just retarded that edge made the worst way to update ever >.>
Just meant the stopping this bs by putting an end to the argument in this topic.
Gonna edit post when all 3 videos are uploaded.

oh dtp, yeah an edit again lol, what did you do to update those edge cards, for me it goes to 100% when i start the iedge and it says " completed in 55 seconds blah blah " press a to restart your ds or whatever and then when i turn it back on it still comes up as that japanese game.
i tried to updaet it on a dsi xl and a ds lite

Getting off for now guys, will put the videos here tomorrow.

oterpoter

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
jmachol said:
My iEDGE seems to not want to update. I have formatted the 8GB SD card as FAT32, and have ran the iEDGE Bootstrap Updater V-4[Embed] and updated the card; however, when I insert the iEDGE into the DSi and then turn it on, nothing happens.

Please let me know if it sounds like I am doing something incorrectly.

"Note - the card still shows as the last rom
0583 - Shikakui Atama wo Maruku Suru - Joushiki Nanmon no Shou JPN

I have encountered the exact same thing.
And my iEdge is 99.99% real for sure.
It behaves exactly the same way as if the microSD card is NOT in the cartridge. I have formatted the microSD card. Run the latest bootstrap.
insert the MicroSD card into the cartridge, boot up nintendo.. but no iEdge icon.. just the old "sudoku hudson" icon...
This is pretty annoying.
Nintendo firmware is 1.4.2E

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The red or blue blinking light was only for the very first bootstrap update.

Since then you need to put the microSD with the bootstrap inside the IEDGE, then you press A like if you wanted to launch the IEDGE, it will immediately display the update process...

Of course now you need a DS or a DSi still capable of launching it.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
please stop talking for nothing...

EDGE & CYCLO are both saying, their product are not officialy supported for 3DS!

We need to wait!

To Boudincaca (quel pseudo, quelle classe)
RED Blinking exist even if you have the black screen with the indicated "%"
RED Blinking is the hardware way to show "your iEDGE is in flash mode"...

oterpoter

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
press A where? there is NO iEDGE icon when the DSi boots up..
Only the old SUDOKU HUDSON icon, but pressing this with A results in "ERROR"

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
oterpoter said:
press A where? there is NO iEDGE icon when the DSi boots up..
Only the old SUDOKU HUDSON icon, but pressing this with A results in "ERROR"
That is because your DSi is already in 1.4.2 and you dont upgrade your iEDGE first
so, now, you need to find another DSi or DS/DSLite to do the upgrade firmware!

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude lol, my iedge shows up on the 3ds just fine, its just that since i dont haev the upadte installed i cant see if i can run it, tne update is ticking me off lol. it just doesnt wanna update at all

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you check that you got the right rom? Maybe it was a corrupted download or maybe the rom doesn't match the exact checksums written in the readme file.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
anton123 said:
Did you check that you got the right rom? Maybe it was a corrupted download or maybe the rom doesn't match the exact checksums written in the readme file.
it's not possible to use a bad rom, because the software verify first before doing anything!

if your iEDGE work on DSi 1.4.2, you do everything right!

CRC of the rom is [E04C5E3D]

phillai

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I screwed my DSi XL up when I updated it to v1.4.2E firmware...

I took the advice on this forum and I got it working again - Thanks very muchy!
smile.gif

The only minor problem I had was, I had to borrow my sisters DS Lite to update the iedge bootstrap.

phillai

Trophies
XP
Country
I've discovered something with the new iedge firmware on my DSi XL v1.4.2E fw.
I noticed that my favourite homebrew game, Tetris Terror Instinct wasn't working.

After a bit of messing around, I've finally got it working but I thought people should be aware of this.

It seems like homebrew games cannot be found if they are placed in the 'NDS' folder on the Micro SD card.
If you put homebrew games on the root of the Micro SD card, then it seems to work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?