Misc [Idea]Unban the console ban

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If we make a backup of the 3ds (with zero account) and we put a nintendo id after, if the nintendo id are ban, we just have to make the backup and this backup (with zero account) dont are ban

no?

yeah sorry for my english

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Look, at the start if we dont have any nintendo id in the 3ds, we make a save of this stat

we put the nintendo id after, if the nintendo id are ban, we just have to make a backup of the 3ds with zero nintendo id put an not ban nintendo id and we are unban ?

Last edited by Kanakops,

ripin150

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing he's asking "If you take a backup of the relevant files (those pertaining to console ID and NNID, presumably) before you're banned, then restore them after you've been banned, will this get around the ban?"

Nah, you'd be restoring the state of your 3DS, but your friend code, friend code seed, etc would be the same. Nintendo servers are storing those values and checking them when you connect. Although, it's my understanding though that without a NNID set, you can't be banned, so I don't know. (I'm not even sure you can play online without an NNID set though? Gosh, I've been away a while.)

My hypothesis: Even if you were to restore this blank state, it'll use the same seeds to generate a new friendcode, and you'll definitely have the same console ID.

My conjecture: Nintendo's method of using tickets stored on the client device to verify permissions continues to perplex me, especially when the whole system was blown to bits back when the Wii was cracked open. It wouldn't super surprise me if you could simply *delete* your console ban by restoring those files, but the current method of just stealing another consoles ID, friendcode seed, etc suggests that nah, nintendo is looking at the numbers on this.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm guessing he's asking "If you take a backup of the relevant files (those pertaining to console ID and NNID, presumably) before you're banned, then restore them after you've been banned, will this get around the ban?"

Nah, you'd be restoring the state of your 3DS, but your friend code, friend code seed, etc would be the same. Nintendo servers are storing those values and checking them when you connect. Although, it's my understanding though that without a NNID set, you can't be banned, so I don't know. (I'm not even sure you can play online without an NNID set though? Gosh, I've been away a while.)

My hypothesis: Even if you were to restore this blank state, it'll use the same seeds to generate a new friendcode, and you'll definitely have the same console ID.

My conjecture: Nintendo's method of using tickets stored on the client device to verify permissions continues to perplex me, especially when the whole system was blown to bits back when the Wii was cracked open. It wouldn't super surprise me if you could simply *delete* your console ban by restoring those files, but the current method of just stealing another consoles ID, friendcode seed, etc suggests that nah, nintendo is looking at the numbers on this.

You can play online without an NNID.

Having a blank save for the NNID acomplishes nothing. Since when you get persistent bans you also get the console, friend code, friend code seed, etc banned too. That was the whole point of the donor seed back when the pokemons bans occured.

Just don't cheat, or play games online before they're released and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Meliodas2255

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill