i was downloading boot9strap and now my 3ds glows white

herooffood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where the orange charging/spotpass light glows it now glows white and dosnt even start up i followed everything i was soupose to be doing step by step and im scared im now bricked i just want to turn it back on man

Reactions: r1vver

Xyban

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a brief Google search, it appears that this likely indicates a brick, as "0xFFFFFF" is the hex for white, and if the led is receiving that code, then it likely is bricked in some fashion, and you should probably proceed with steps to attempt to recover the device.

(Can't post the link but googling "white led 3ds" should bring up several GBATemp threads on this very topic)

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From boot9strap readme for LED status codes:

SD FIRM missing, CTRNAND FIRM also missing: white

As stated above, start by telling us what guide and how far you got with it

Reactions: godreborn

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Sypherone,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where the orange charging/spotpass light
Those are not the same, are you sure you're seeing this white color in both and not just in the notification led (not in the power led)?

Also check this. Check the root of your of your if you have a file named boot.firm (Luma3DS), if not, get it from here (that's the latest), and try powering it again.
Also one more thing to note, if you have a old 3ds (or xl) system, that can read standard sd cards (not micro), check the lock slider on the adapter (if you're using one) as it could be locked, preventing the 3ds to read from it.
and dosnt even start up
Can you access GodMode9 when holding the "start" button on boot?
i followed everything i was soupose to be doing step by step
What were you trying to do exactly to do exactly, and what guide were you following?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw